Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 01-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Pretty Quiet Around Here

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Years!

I know there hasn't been much, if any riding going on up here in our neck of the woods, so it has been pretty quiet recently.

Surely you guys are working on your bikes and adding a few things here and there. Let us know what you're up to...besides planning all your summer rides (like me.... )!

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #2

Pretty Quiet Around Here

Well we had a blast for New Years'. I was able to take 45 of my favorite teens up to Portland for a 29 hour trip that included miniture golf, bumper boats, go carts, lazer tag, video games, a roller coaster simulator, all-you-can-eat pizza and pop, and then when they were tired of that I took them to an indoor water park for a couple hours. We slept overnight at a church in Oregon City and then got up and went to the mall early Thursday morning--man, was that place dead. All-in-all it was a great trip with zero incidents, so I can't complain. But it's great to be home again.
Rich

Old 01-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #3

Pretty Quiet Around Here

Sounds like you all had a great time. I've been playing General Contractor and trying to get Nancy's Christmas presents installed.

She got new counter tops for the kitchen and master bath. The kitchen went in Tuesday and it sure does look good. I dont' have the backsplash installed yet, but it looks good.

[Rant On]
They messed up the mater bath and had to come back yesterday, New Years Day, to do the install. Long story short, the installer messed up drilling the faucet holes and the mater bath still isn't installed.

Here is the before and after of the kitchen:

Kitchen before:

Kitchen after:

This is the "problem" that I am having with the master bath counter top. As you can see, they drilled the holes a littel too close to the wall.

Now try putting in a tile backsplash...

Like "they" say, if Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy. It will resolve, eventually. I just don't like living like a back hills bum in my own house.

OK, [\Rant Off].

Old 01-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #4

Pretty Quiet Around Here

Hey John,

My kitchen looks like your "before" pic....wife has been wanting new countertops for a few years but if she got those I wouldn't have my Nomad! Man that sounds selfish on my part..hey she can't complain, on our anniversary (30 years) I got her a power vacuum (to replace her manual sweeper....nothing but the best for my girl) cleaner

Can't figure out why she wants me to sleep in the garage?

I guess since you are so nice to your wife that explains why you get 2 cool bikes.

VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #5

Pretty Quiet Around Here

to cold to ride so we are leaving tommorrow for a few days at
the ski resort in steamboat springs,co.sometimes you just
have to make the best of getting thru the winter.think spring.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #6

Pretty Quiet Around Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney
Hey John,

My kitchen looks like your "before" pic....wife has been wanting new countertops for a few years but if she got those I wouldn't have my Nomad! Man that sounds selfish on my part..hey she can't complain, on our anniversary (30 years) I got her a power vacuum (to replace her manual sweeper....nothing but the best for my girl) cleaner

Can't figure out why she wants me to sleep in the garage?

I guess since you are so nice to your wife that explains why you get 2 cool bikes.

Enjoy your garage. ::)

The installer came over this afternoon and fixed the problem. Had to threaten them with holding the final payment. It was a good fix so we're happy campers, kind of, now.

Nancy changed her mind about which tile to use this afternoon. So, we made another decision and went deeper in the hole. I love remodeling, it is so much fun and great entertainment for the cats.

Will have photos of the completed bath sometime this week. Kitchen with tile work next weekend. Good thing it is too miserable outside to ride.

Landman - I would almost rather head to the high country for some skiing, if I could ski.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #7

Pretty Quiet Around Here

John,
That is a nice kitchen and bath...and Greg, I'm sure that you have a nice garage!!! :)
Bob, I hope that the cabin fever doesn't get too bad. Hang in there,
Rich