Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

Dual Plate and Dynabead Mod

I had a few days off from work for the Christmas break so I completed some pending mods.

I installed a Chuckster's dual plate system to go with the TFI and V&H exhaust that were on the bike. I rewired and re-routed the Fire & Steel light bar harness. I put 30 watt amber fog lights in the light bar. I installed a new Avon Frt tire and installed Dyna beads in the front and rear tires.

Now that I have had a few days to ride with the intake and balancing media; it is like a different bike. ;

The intake improved the rolling performance. I test rode (2-up) with the new intake through areas of the Texas Hill Country where I would normally have to down shift at least one gear. No downshifting was required. I have not experienced a decrease in mileage. The intake improved the labored sound that was coming from the engine. Pinging is not an issue on 87 octane fuel. The dual plate minimizes the noise coming from the engine breathing during operation unlike a Caddman type mod I previously tried. Simply put it is worth every penny! The product is well made and is a great value when compared against similar products that are available. Joe's service and troubleshooting help is excellent. I have experience with several of his products and all are top shelf for sure.

As for the Dynabeads; I noticed an significant improvement and my pillion commented that the bike is riding smoother. The new frt tire I could understand, but the rear Metzler ME 880 with at least 4,000 miles was much improved. I will not be using conventional balancing methods again.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #2

Opening up the intake is an all around great mod performance wise. Just eliminating the pinging and being able to burn 87 octane fuel alone is worth the little bit of effort required in installing it. The get up and go puts the icing on the cake.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

I have got to do the Dyna Beads one of these days. Mine rides smooth but it might ride even smoother if I did that.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
I have got to do the Dyna Beads one of these days. Mine rides smooth but it might ride even smoother if I did that.
I've used them for a couple years now. Seem to work very well.

However, I still cannot get my mind around HOW they work. It seems like they SHOULD do just the opposite -- go to the heavy part of the tire--of what they ACTUALLY do.

Watching a demonstration video of an electric drill, dynabeads and a plastic soda container finally convinced me they were not some sham marketing ploy.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

Quote:
If the tire is balanced properly it doesn't matter what method of weight is used, it will ride the same reagardless.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Quote:
If the tire is balanced properly it doesn't matter what method of weight is used, it will ride the same regardless.
The tire will be properly balanced until it wears from use when using conventional methods. A dynamic media will continue to balance the tire as it wears without having to re-balance using conventional methods. I have seen the need to re-balance my vehicle tires when rotating; primarily due to wear. Additionally, the ride quality deteriorates and vibration increases as M/C tires wear.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to nomad

did i read on here recently of a member putting airsoft pellets in as a substitute for
dynabeads? if i remember correctly he stated that it worked great....