Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #31
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

A few pics, hoping these are not overly large pics.

Some mods are removing the extra leaf spring, replacing the packing grease with real grease in the bearings.

The white thing under the decking is a rifle case, and there is a spare tire, part of a foam sleeping pad to sit and work on, a fire grate, and some mecahincs wire out of view for quick repairs.

Ammo boxes for quick items and tools. gray 1/2" electrical conduit cut in half the long way to make the stays open the lid more.

Assorted holes in the deck for places to put tie downs. I brought a map of the USA in a fly rod case. Most folks thought that was a bazzoka...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #32
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #33

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Here's a photo after we flipped over that drawbar to lower the tongue.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #34

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Geez; mac mac hauls a pile of gear with his bike.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #35

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

You can't imagine what's in that trailer, either....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #36

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

I think I could to an extent.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #37

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

He's a silversmith, and carrys an anvil fer chrissake! That's not all either!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #38

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
You guys need this link. http://www.gadgetjq.com/trailer.htm
Really consider getting a hoppy converter.. These do more than just conver Euro lamps to American, like protect the bike's wiring from a dead short that could fry the charging system. The hoppy induces voltage from the bikes power to itself and send out a like signal. This means uses very little power from the bike's resorces.
+1000

Old 07-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #39

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
He's a silversmith, and carrys an anvil fer chrissake! That's not all either!
He should use a rock, instead of an anvil. Save some weight.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #40
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

I came from NH making 9,000 miles to Cadd's house. On the way I made Trade Silver and sold most of it. I was sort of following the lewis and Clark Trail, and ready to play the year 1805 as was my wife. I had clothing in one pack for both of us in the year 1805, and real Kentucky Long Rifle complete with a possibles bag and ammo.

50 pounds of silver tools, 50 pounds of metric tools, and camp gear.

Mountain rain gear, and etc etc etc.. I fixed several cars and trucks and many more bikes. Speed wasn't the deal, and it took 10 months to get home. I saw 108 degrees, which is way to hot for me, and snow.

I spent 90 days in Arkansaw, because i was looking for the Ozark Mountians. I found the Ozarks, but no mountains. Preety much Ar is as flat as a pancake, but is washed out, so you can go way down deep, but never get any higher than the top which is level for so far as the eye can see..

When we left cal, we went 6,000 miles to Fla, and I made a wrong turn to end up in Ar I guess.

CADD'S POINT is the trailer tonge was too high, and he talked me into grinding CHROME, which leveled the trailer, and is something 'we' all want. The tonge wants to be level or slightly down hill TO the Bike..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #41

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

My friend bought a piggy backer off of ebay. I helped him put it together and I think its a really nice trailer. I also have a template around here somewhere for some metal plates he used and attached one under the hitch and one under the tounge then he runs two of those piston things (like the ones that hold up the trunk of your car) one on each side. He says it helps stabalize the trailer so it doesn't sway back and forth

Old 07-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #42
Advanced Member

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Not all of us have a workshop to put together a trailer on the cheap, and certainly not all of us have the tools or basic knowledge to take on such a simple project. I would not have a problem paying $700 for a piggyback trailer. I would much rather have a workshop garage where I could tinker with such a project, but I have to make do with what I have for now. Presently, any work I do on my bike is out of the back of my Ford Explorer and that is it. I just recently met another biker that lives about 2 miles from me and we started riding together. It may work out that we can help each other with bike projects at his place, but for now my Ford Explorer is my work shop. My point is don't be so quick to jump all over somebody because they went out and paid for something that you can fabricate easily.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

racinchef, I might be close enough to assist you in something like this. I guess maybe you would have to trust me some, but I think if you chatted with Cadd that would happen.

Say if you wanted a trailer set up, you would just ship it to me. I and or you could set it up here with my tools.. The hitch could be shipped here to as new in the box, or you could bring it.

There is a nice level field for camping as well. Last year some riders did, but so far no one. This is a great camp for seeing NH. Bath facilties are just in the house. And if weather turns bad there is a spare bed room, with a 3/4 bed.

Last time there were about 5 bikes and some of themn were ridden by women, and other women came as pillions. I even has a female guest from New Zealand. I sort of sponcered her ride Coast to Coast, Picking her up at Logan on July 4th, and then picking her bike up in Machester Nh when it arrived in a crate. I had to uncrate is and assemble it for her. Like any crated bike the ft end was apart.

In instances like that I ask the guys to pee outside. Counrty plumbing ya know... You Know.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #44
Mega-Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

Quote:
...There is a nice level field for camping as well. Last year some riders did, but so far no one. This is a great camp for seeing NH. Bath facilties are just in the house. And if weather turns bad there is a spare bed room, with a 3/4 bed.
I think I'd want to know who is already in the 1/4 bed
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Cargo Trailer

I wouldn't fit in either. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
...There is a nice level field for camping as well. Last year some riders did, but so far no one. This is a great camp for seeing NH. Bath facilties are just in the house. And if weather turns bad there is a spare bed room, with a 3/4 bed.
I think I'd want to know who is already in the 1/4 bed
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11