Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

LOL on the Idaho Jack Adapter, I also saw it :) !
I must say green looks good...
Thanks again for a gr8 product!
PS: I must add, thanks for those "nails" you sent me & no charge!

Guy

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
motorcycle lift table

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
I picked up a table before I left for this vacation down south. It's made by Bend but comes under the name of Ranger. Here's a link to what I got.
http://equiptool.com/i-365780-ranger...heel-vise.html

I have to pick it up the following weekend after I get home. It's down in the Olympic peninsula in WA.. It comes with the two side attach. too.... . Picked it up for $750. retails for almost $1200.

I picked up my lift on the weekend. I have the bike sitting on it, but I'm not happy with the wheel chock/vise. The frt. disc's hit it on one side. I've heard of guys changing the clamp like chock out for the wheel chock available at Harbor Freight or as "we" call it up here in "the great white north"...... Princess Auto. But will that chock hold the bike fairly solid so as to make sure the bike doesn't fall over?? I realize the bike should be tied off as well, but will it just sit there while it's in the chock??

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #18

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
Originally Posted by minst7877
I have a air/hydraulic lift table from harbor freight that works great. Also have a Larin jack for those occasions when the table just isn't what you need. The jack will do everything you will ever need it to do combined with bud's jack adapter. That said the lift table does take up a lot of space in the garage but is really nice to put the bike on it for general maintenance and cleaning. Nice not having a sore back from bending over and crawling around on the floor to work on the bike.

Bud did you notice anything familiar.

DC
Have the same one...wouldn't be without it

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #19

motorcycle lift table

Biggest problem with the screw clamp like I have on mine is getting the bike on the rack. This makes it a two person job as you need to ride the bike onto the table and steady it while someone tightens the clamp. As most of the time I am trying to do this myself I plan on getting the wheel chock this year and add it to the platform. A lot of guys are using these on their trailers so they can load the bike by themselves. Friends that have them tell me they put the bike in them and it will hold the bike straight up they can then get off and do the tie downs. I would not work on the bike without it being tied down to the table.

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
Top Contributor

motorcycle lift table

so these wheel chocks from Harbor Freight/Princess Auto hold the bike up? I wasn't sure if the tire would fit tight enough. I guess once the bike rolls into the chock and it "closes" behind the tire, it holds it enough????? I would never raise the bike on the table without tie downs, but as long as the bike stays steady till I get off and tie it down, that works for me.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
so these wheel chocks from Harbor Freight/Princess Auto hold the bike up? I wasn't sure if the tire would fit tight enough. I guess once the bike rolls into the chock and it "closes" behind the tire, it holds it enough????? I would never raise the bike on the table without tie downs, but as long as the bike stays steady till I get off and tie it down, that works for me.
IF you go to buy the one from Princess Auto, get the blue one that is much better built for the small difference in price and your front wheel will fit into it. I had the black tube style one and it was CRAPOLA for me. You would have to bolt it down to be able to get the bike off it as it would drag along the ground. The blue one, can put it on myself and it holds firm. To get it off simple quick SNAP back and it rolls off nice and easy. I can rock the bike in this wheel chock and it will not move. The black one...well lets just say I wouldn't try that on it at all PERIOD!!!

I wish I had room for a table lift ??? but don't so live with my mc jack.
Scott

Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 AM   #22
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
This is the one I have on my lift table

http://www.princessauto.com/workshop...le-wheel-chock

Had it on for the winter an never tie it up

Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebandit
Quote:

That is the one I was referring to. Great unit and for the price (on sale) you can't beat it. Stable, secure and your right no need for straps on that puppy, it's rock solid. I have shaken the bike quite a few times while connected to it and solid!!!! I'd highly recommend one to anyone looking. The reg price is not bad and on sale can't be beat and I challenge anyone to MAKE one themselves that is any cheaper when you factor in the materials etc. just can't make it for that kinda money!!!! And the safety latch is a great idea too.
Never seen one used on a lift table, but yeah....I could see how it would be useful and make it rock steady. Best of all you ride it onto the chock. Get off the bike no problem, no worries of locking something in or tightening something or having 2 people.
Pic of it on your lift if you get a chance.

Scott

Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #24

motorcycle lift table

I have a Condor chock that I bolt to my lift table and also use it on my trailer. I have had it over 5 years and have never had a problem.
http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Trailer...2699124&sr=8-5

Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
Top Contributor

motorcycle lift table

That Condor looks good but a bit pricey ! The Princess Auto looks like it would do the job. For $50.00 A guy can't go wrong. I just want one that will hold the bike up without question.
The big issue I have with the vice clamp/chock on the Ranger lift table is that the front disc's hit the upright pieces of the clamp. My Princess Auto didn't have the blue chock but I'm sure I can order one. Do you have any photos of it on the lift table? I assume it's bolted on to the table top,....?

I just called P.A. and asked if they had any of these chocks and was told they are sold out across Canada. They are trying to get some in but that won't happen till July or August. I see H.F has one similar but have no way to know how good it is.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #26

motorcycle lift table

Ricky I agree it is a little high on the price but it is cheaper now than when I bought it I have always heard you get what you pay for and when I bought the Condor it was the best on the market and I think it still is I didn't want to watch a $10,000.00 bike fall over as I was getting off the lift it would only take one time to make up the difference in Price. The one at Harbor looks like about the same design but not near as heavy construction but I have heard that they are pretty good things about them. I don't work for Condor and don't make any money when they sell one I just know I feel a lot safer with one.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #27

motorcycle lift table

;) The Best there is!

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Chocks.html

Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebandit

That is the one I was referring to. Great unit and for the price (on sale) you can't beat it. Stable, secure and your right no need for straps on that puppy, it's rock solid. I have shaken the bike quite a few times while connected to it and solid!!!! I'd highly recommend one to anyone looking. The reg price is not bad and on sale can't be beat and I challenge anyone to MAKE one themselves that is any cheaper when you factor in the materials etc. just can't make it for that kinda money!!!! And the safety latch is a great idea too.
Never seen one used on a lift table, but yeah....I could see how it would be useful and make it rock steady. Best of all you ride it onto the chock. Get off the bike no problem, no worries of locking something in or tightening something or having 2 people.
Pic of it on your lift if you get a chance.

Scott
Once I get the chance i'll take a pic. I have it bolted to the lift and it's perfect.

Basically the same as this one
http://store.baxleycompanies.com/ima...px?productId=1
but 180$ cheaper

Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
Advanced Member

motorcycle lift table

Quote:
That Condor looks good but a bit pricey ! The Princess Auto looks like it would do the job. For $50.00 A guy can't go wrong. I just want one that will hold the bike up without question.
The big issue I have with the vice clamp/chock on the Ranger lift table is that the front disc's hit the upright pieces of the clamp. My Princess Auto didn't have the blue chock but I'm sure I can order one. Do you have any photos of it on the lift table? I assume it's bolted on to the table top,....?

I just called P.A. and asked if they had any of these chocks and was told they are sold out across Canada. They are trying to get some in but that won't happen till July or August. I see H.F has one similar but have no way to know how good it is.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html
I will check ours out on the weekend. I know a couple of guys who work there, they keep me in the loop when items come in. ;)
If I can get a hold of one I'll get them to hold it for me and let you know. Not sure if they'd ship it out to BC? but I can always ask!!! Not sure what shipping would be if I got it for you and we arranged shipping. But you maybe able to order it off the website catalogue and then they may get or find one and ship it there? There HQ is in Calgary and I think there large distribution warehouse is there too.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #30
Top Contributor

motorcycle lift table

Scott,
Thanks! But I've been told there are 0 in Canada. But sure check it out with your connections. I'd be ok if I repaid a bus shipment. Greyhound is who I deal with quite often. They're cheap,

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad