Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #61
Advanced Member

Gains vs. price of aftermarket air intake?

Nope - PCIII / Intake Mod / V & H Baggers - mileage took dump - dealer can't figure it out - removed PCIII / mileage went up / removed V & H Baggers - replaced with Harley Touring Mufflers - mileage went up again / don't know how it wil pull trailer now? However no spectacular notice in lack of power! Do not however get to rap the throttle and set off car alarms now! - but am not stopping for gas every hour either!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #62
Top Contributor

sounds to me all the mods are priceless? Good if you can afford them but lots more gas to go with them. heard this before on here. Thx.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #63
Top Contributor

if I had wanted speed I would have bought the latest kawa Ninja about 200mph or close to it. i couldnt afford the insurance $3,000 a year, I couldn't handle that speed who could and I dont like crotch rockets. I like what i have. its anemic yes after driving it for 2 yrs, at first it was fast but now anemic as I have grown acustomed to it. Im not adding on more stuff to tweak another 5-10 hp because in my opinion it ain't worth it. it will hit 100 mph easy. Im done., Thx you.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #64

Quote:
if I had wanted speed I would have bought the latest kawa Ninja about 200mph or close to it. i couldnt afford the insurance $3,000 a year, I couldn't handle that speed who could and I dont like crotch rockets. I like what i have. its anemic yes after driving it for 2 yrs, at first it was fast but now anemic as I have grown acustomed to it. Im not adding on more stuff to tweak another 5-10 hp because in my opinion it ain't worth it. it will hit 100 mph easy. Im done., Thx you.
I really agree. I am not all that dissappointed with the power of the 1500. I had just heard many times over the years from owners who had the mileage improve after the mods. If it looks like the mileage will decrease, I guess it will be Ebay for the stuff.

I will then have to order another cross-over tube since I am SOOOO looking forward to cutting this one to little bitty pieces.!!!!!!!!!

More to come.......

Old 11-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #65
Top Contributor

Sorry Spork you bit it off like alot of young Nomaders do wanting more this or that. You can always go back stock though. I think Im getting the best mpg I ever have gotten with just V&H baggers and no other mods. City: 28-32 HWY: 40-42 documented for sure. Good Luck

Login or Register to Remove Ads