Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
The dyno tuner should have addressed the popping during the tuning session, that is part of developing a custom map for a skoot. YOU should not have to deal with this.

I have been a DynoJet Dyno owner/operator since 1993 or so and I seriously question a gain of 10 H.P. AND 14 PNDS TORK. So far, with MANY MANY 1700's on my dyno, including well over 500 runs on my personal Vaquero, those gains are typical when comparing a STOCK 1700 to the results gained with your slip-ons and BAK. In other words the gains you quoted are not possible in a tuning session unless the gains are referring to what a stock 1700 makes.

Stock 1700's average 70 H.P. and bout 89 pnds tork, with the BIG 3 I see bout 80-82 H.P. and 100-102 pnds tork. Did you get a dyno sheet with the mapping and what are the peak numbers? I am interested as so many shops blow smoke up the customers you know what.

RACNRAY
Thanks for the info. They gave me a copy of the graph that shows the readings before and after the tuning. Torque and HP. I honestly wouldn't know whether they were blowing smoke or not.
I can scan it and email it if you would like to see it. When they told me it's normal to have the popping/backfiring I didn't believe it. They also said, which I think is def. garb, is that a stock bike backfires just as much, but you just don't notice it b'cuz of the stock mufflers.