Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #31

C-collar free to a good home. . .

Glad you're okay. Thanks for sharing...so true about looking too long at the 1st obstacle avoided. Similar thing happened to me several years ago... long story short.....swerved,avoided,still looking off,looked back direction traveling just in time to see no time left to avoid next object.....LOL.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
I'm glad you're ok LW. Bikes can be fixed.
Ditto

Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #33

Sorry to hear about that LW. It sounds like you faired a little better than I did last time I went down. I think I had the same facial expression in my accident photo too. Well you joined the ranks so I guess your safe now right?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #34

LW, Sorry to hear of your accident, but glad to hear you are going to be ok. I looked at the photos you posted and looks like you were very fortunate, except for the damage to your face. Looks like a lot of cosmetic surgery will be required to get you presentable. Just kidding, glad to hear you are ok. The bike is just cheap metal . Compare your medical bills to bike repair bills to keep everything in perspective.

Shep

Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #35

JUST saw this thread!! Brought back some memories...yuck....head hitting road...getting strapped to the board....(owwww)....having them cut off my brand new jeans and etc....my wrist is still hurting...and ribs do too once in a while...sounds lilke you won't hurt for so long!! Glad you are doing good!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #36
Top Contributor

Whoa...I just caught up here too LW...I'm really glad it was no worse and glad you are OK.......so could they tell if the baby was a boy a girl, or just barbeque in the ultrasound ???

sorry......humor aids in healing too!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
so could they tell if the baby was a boy a girl, or just barbeque in the ultrasound ???
I dont care who ya are, that's funny right there. . . .

I now know why progressive was lowest cost when I shopped insurance. Because when you don't want to use their low bid volume provider for repairs, they don't like it and drag their feet. Getting bike fixed is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #38

Glad to hear you are doing OK. Bet the guy who crossed the centerline and caused the whole incident continued on his merry way. Take it easy and get well soon....

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
I now know why progressive was lowest cost when I shopped insurance. Because when you don't want to use their low bid volume provider for repairs, they don't like it and drag their feet. Getting bike fixed is like trying to nail jello to a tree.
The insurance folks and the shop have come to an agreement on what needs fixin, and the parts are ordered with est delivery of next Wednesday. It appears that the adjuster didnt want to get down and look under the bike when it was at the wrecker service shop, but now that she was on the lift in the repair shop his vision improved. Barring any unforseen issues I should get Lucille back next Friday just in time for my scheduled week off from work.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #40

LW, Good to hear that you are abe to be concerned about the really important stuff. Keep us informed on how the insurance settlement goes. I hear Progressive' name come up frequently when talking insurance rates.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
... It appears that the adjuster didnt want to get down and look under the bike when it was at the wrecker service shop,...
It's the same with cars. They never do. Even if you stand right there and tell them, "Look under the bumper! See! The FRAME IS BENT!"

Then you go make them look, and still the bodyman doesn't put it on the work order.

They call you up, "It's all done!" You get to the shop, look under the bumper, and the frame is still bent. "Huh? Nobody told us that the frame was bent!"

Old 05-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #42
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
... It appears that the adjuster didnt want to get down and look under the bike when it was at the wrecker service shop,...
It's the same with cars. They never do. Even if you stand right there and tell them, "Look under the bumper! See! The FRAME IS BENT!"

Then you go make them look, and still the bodyman doesn't put it on the work order.

They call you up, "It's all done!" You get to the shop, look under the bumper, and the frame is still bent. "Huh? Nobody told us that the frame was bent!"
hey hey....careful with that broad brush there

....sounds like you just have your insurance at the wrong place.............

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #43

Todd, I'd appreciate any recomendation, but I've had insurance at several companies over the year, and delt with others, they've all been like that. I've always had to struggle to get things done right.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #44

Geico paid for every part on my bike that didn't look brand new, and they did it without fuss or arm twisting. They even made the check out to me, so I was able to buy used parts, or none at all, and pocket the savings.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #45

Glad you are alright LW.... And also glad the Wifey is letting you keep the ride.... ;))))