Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #1

Blue Tooth Mics

Not sure if this is the right place to put this?

I was just wondering if anyone used the Blue tooth mic systems, was thinking about getting one for the wife and I. Seems cheaper then buying the com system for the Vaquero

VBA #02164

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #2

We use the Sena smh10. Works very well.
Has good range and you can connect a phone, gps or mp3 player to it.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

My wife rides as well, and we really like our Scala Rider for both separate and together riding. I mounted mine on my helmet. No wires is what I really like (blue tooth) and also plays my MP3 via blue tooth, cell phone, built in FM radio, and of course is a great intercom. You don't have to be listening to the same station, or music. The battery lasts an amazing long time, and I just installed a charger (parallel port) on my bike.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #4

I have the midland bt2 also works well.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #5

We use the Sena smh10. We just got it from Amazon and like it so far. I like listening blue tooth to music on my I Phone. I can even change the music selection with the dial. It is easy to operate and it remembers volume you chose the last time you talked on the phone, listened to music, or talked to another unit.

The only bad thing is I like a half shell helmet and I do get some wind noise. I would appreciate any advice on the wind noise.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Take a look at the Bell Mag 9 (2013 model). It has a pocket on the side for the Sena SMH10 unit for easy integration of the Sena unit. The helmet has a flip up visor and also has the flip down sunglasses.

http://www.thebellstore.com/product/...ets-rally.html

Old 03-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by a340driver View Post
My wife rides as well, and we really like our Scala Rider for both separate and together riding. I mounted mine on my helmet. No wires is what I really like (blue tooth) cell phone, built in FM radio, and of course is a great intercom. The battery lasts an amazing long time
What he said
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
We use the Sena smh10. Works very well.
Has good range and you can connect a phone, gps or mp3 player to it.
+1

I use the Sena SMH10 with the Shoie Neotek modular helmet. No problem with raising the chin bar. My son-in-law has one as well. Clarity is outstanding!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #9

WSe use the Scala Rider Q2 for both bike to bike and front back intercom. You can get adapters to use the same transceiver on both full and half hats. Hooks to my bluetooth GPS and satellite radio receiver.
VulcanBagger #01711, VRA/GA VRA, SCRC,
VROC #29671, AMA #1085989,
Red Knights MC GA-18 Pres, PGR

Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #10

Thanks for the help all. Those are a lot cheaper then buying a com system lol.

I assume most of them can be used by multiple riders as well, more then two people?

VBA #02164

Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #11

Sena SMH 10 here.

Yes it can handle up to at least 4 helmets (maybe more ...I haven't checked the latest update).

The beauty of it is it has updateable software (also called firmware) so when they add features or fix things you can get them.

I like the big jog dial because it is easy to change volume or turn on/off with gloves on. It also has VOX so all you need to say is call_?__ and my phone (Droid Bionic) will dial. Although I rarely use the feature. Usually just when I am running late to get home.

I really like hearing the GPS directions and music as well. It has more features than I am capable of using.

I swap mine back and forth between my 3/4 and full helmets. Clarity is great. You can use them while charging. Install, setup, and use is pretty darn simple when you consider how many things it can do if you want it to.

Syncing between helmets and phone is automatic after initial set up.

As someone else said the charge on the batteries seem to last forever. I charge about once a month but probably don't need to that often.

It adds a whole new element to riding 2 up. No more tapping legs or pointing. And if you get mad at each other you can always turn it off
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Last edited by schoeney; 03-17-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
Sena SMH 10 here.

Yes it can handle up to at least 4 helmets (maybe more ...I haven't checked the latest update).

The beauty of it is it has updateable software (also called firmware) so when they add features or fix things you can get them.

I like the big jog dial because it is easy to change volume or turn on/off with gloves on. It also has VOX so all you need to say is call_?__ and my phone (Droid Bionic) will dial. Although I rarely use the feature. Usually just when I am running late to get home.

I really like hearing the GPS directions and music as well. It has more features than I am capable of using.

I swap mine back and forth between my 3/4 and full helmets. Clarity is great. You can use them while charging. Install, setup, and use is pretty darn simple when you consider how many things it can do if you want it to.

Syncing between helmets and phone is automatic after initial set up.

As someone else said the charge on the batteries seem to last forever. I charge about once a month but probably don't need to that often.

It adds a whole new element to riding 2 up. No more tapping legs or pointing. And if you get mad at each other you can always turn it off
+1 on the Sena SMH 10. I have the dual unit set and bought 2 extra helmet kits so I can quickly move the control units around on four different helmets. LOVE IT!
VBA Member #02104
2013 HD 110th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 03-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmac View Post
We use the Sena smh10. We just got it from Amazon and like it so far. I like listening blue tooth to music on my I Phone. I can even change the music selection with the dial. It is easy to operate and it remembers volume you chose the last time you talked on the phone, listened to music, or talked to another unit.

The only bad thing is I like a half shell helmet and I do get some wind noise. I would appreciate any advice on the wind noise.
Billmac Sena makes plug in ear buds for your needs!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #14

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I don't doubt the Scala is a good product, and never compared it to the Sena smh10, but as far as being able to communicate clearly behind a windshield at 80 mph and so simple to operate, you can't beat the smh 10.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Billmac Sena makes plug in ear buds for your needs!
I believe the wind noise is wind hitting the microphone and activating the Sena. The wind noise is transmitted to our helmet speakers. Of course the wind noise is reduced on a 3/4 or full face helmet. I need to find a better noise cancelling microphone cover for use when using 1/2 shell helmet.