Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Forum Support & Feedback

Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #16
Administrator

I hear ya, but it really is easy. You're most likely doing the correct procedure (afterall, all you have to do is click 'manage attchments, find your pic, and click 'upload.. which you say is what you're doing), it's just that your pictures are too large. That's all. If you let us know how big the picture was, we could find out easily.

Hosting pics on an external site is OK, but most, especially the 'more important' pics, should always be uploaded (attached) to the forum itself when possible. The problem is, people never hold onto their Photobucket (or similar site) accounts forever, and then the pics will show up as broken images (red X's) here on the forum. Kinda sucks when someone really needed to see the picture. I see that all the time on forums when the thread is older.

When uploaded directly to VulcanBagger, they're here virtually forever. ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #17
Top Contributor

It's a simple copy/paste using Photobucket. When you're on the main PB page (with the thumbnails), look directly under the pic you want to post. You'll see part of a url (i.e. http://www.photobucket.com/DDnekkidstripper). Left click on that and it should highlight. (You won't see the entire url but it will ALL highlight. Trust me.) Right click on that and select "Copy". Go back to your post, select where you want the pic then right click and choose "Paste". The entire url will show up and when you post your reply, the pic will show up (instead of the url). You don't have to add any tags, etc.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #18

Yes Chris, that is how I did it on my thread about Americade lodging, Thanks.

Mike, when attaching a pic to this site, why do mine sometimes come up as thumbnails not a picture like CJ posted earlier in this thread?
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Yes Chris, that is how I did it on my thread about Americade lodging, Thanks.

Mike, when attaching a pic to this site, why do mine sometimes come up as thumbnails not a picture like CJ posted earlier in this thread?
Because there are multiple ways to post a picture. One is a thumbnail, another is an embedded link. The picture of that Road Glide Ultra I posted was an embedded link.

To do that, while you're in the message editor, click on the menu bar (icons above the editing window) icon that looks like a "postcard" (small yellow box with a image of mountains). It will open a box and you paste the URL to the image you want to post (from photobucket or some other image hosting site).
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Administrator

Whenever you UPLOAD a picture to VulcanBagger, it will show as a thumbnail. That's how we have it set up. If you have your picture hosted elsewhere (like Photobucket) and just paste the URL to it (between IMG tags or like how CJ described), then it will show the full picture.

You can however still post the full picture when uploading to VulcanBagger.. just upload your pic, and after it's posted, click the thumbnail to enlarge it and get the URL. You can then edit your post and paste the URL of th pic (again, between IMG tags, or like how CJ described) and it will show up as a full picture (like what I do in the VBOTM threads).

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #21

OK, Thanks for all the help.
Let's let this post drop out of the rotation now.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]