Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 10-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #1

Obama's Citizenship

[flash=350,287:f3kduo2q]http://www.youtube.com/v/gA6_k3NtXZs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:f3kduo2q]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/300x250.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #2

Obama's Citizenship

Dont you wish they would show this on network tv

Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #3

Obama's Citizenship

Wolfman,

How can I cut + paste a link to that video with the PA attorney?

VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #4

Obama's Citizenship

I had heard about this a week ago but had not seen the video. Very compelling and I would like to check it out closer myself to see if I can drill down for my own satisfaction that it is accurate, see if this attorney is legit,and it is not just mud slinging. If it isn't bogus this is BIIIIIIIIIG and exposes Obama for what many suspect.

If it is bogus it is unfortunate...because even though I don't like him as a candidate this would be a cheap shot.
VBA #659

Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Obama's Citizenship

Here's another take on the issue from snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

I don't know what the truth of the situation is but it sure doesn't look clear cut to me.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #6

Obama's Citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Here's another take on the issue from snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

I don't know what the truth of the situation is but it sure doesn't look clear cut to me.

I looked at the video and critiqued it and found many errors in logic when I look at the video.

"Obama is not producing these documents, and if he's not producing them that means he's a total fraud."

I'm thinking that if he is not a citizen, lies and says he is…..that would make him a fraud. Not jumping when this guy says jump doesn’t mean you're a fraud. Besides being a leap of logic, it's alarmist.

"Really he's a phony and should be arrested and tried and deported."

So, if I ask any of you for your birth certificates, and you don't give it to me, then you should be arrested, tried and deported? That is pretty harsh for just not showing it to me. That is so far in the video he is alleging, that he hasn't shown it, he's not alleging anything else at this point.

Next we have him in front of independence hall where our most important documents…….We've all heard of "guilt by association" …I guess this is "right by association". BTW, where was he when Bush decided that the constitution was optional?

He says, "Obama is trying to destroy it". Wow, don't give this guy that document he wants to look at and the constitution is destroyed?

Next is, I'm a very important man, I'm a very super important man……

Next is "Obama is not a natural born citizen, and is therefore not qualified to be president". How does he know this, he just said he didn't get the documents he needed to know this? He then says that as a Democrat he is amazed that Obama "will not produce records to prove me wrong".

He jumps back and forth between alleging that this is all proven facts, to it is not proven and needs to be proven. The back and forth doesn't work so well for me.

Fact check website part

"the birth certificate he would produce would show that he is not a natural born citizen of the United States." The proof is that grandma in Kenya is saying she was at his birth. Sister says one hospital, he says a different one. "When you tell the truth, everything is the same."

That was another error of logic. Put me at one of my family gatherings and start talking about what happened 40 years ago, and me and my siblings will not agree on the facts of our lives. That doesn't mean any of us are lying. My birth certificate says that I was born in the village of (can't remember, starts with a U) Sometimes my family says that I was born in one that starts with a P, sometimes one that starts with an M (I know how to say them, don't know how to spell them). No one has ever said the one that starts with the U, but that's what's on the certificate. I doubt that anyone in my family has ever been deliberately lying about it.

"Those statements indicate that he really was not born here in the US" And mine indicate that I wasn't born in the country that I was born in? All my family agrees on the country I was born in, but with this guys logic, the conflicting statement made by my family my whole life means that I wasn't born there at all.

Now everything that he's laid out so far "doesn't matter at all" (because he lost his citizenship). Oh, then all of that was just to scare people into not voting for him. If the video only matters starting at this point, what was the trip to independence hall and everything else for?

Mom divorces and marries and Indonesian. Obama moves to Indonesia and goes to school for 4 years.

Another leap of logic. Because only citizens of Indonesia could go to school there…."So his step-father had to do one of two things." Or one of a thousand things, not two. Saying that there are only two choices, and two choices that prove his point is simply wrong.

I watched the video a couple of days ago, then started watching it today to critique it, it stopped down loading here and wouldn't pick back up, so I can only critique to here.

If you have a dad who knows somebody, and can get you into a school even though you are a US citizen, your walking into class doesn't "prove" you are not a citizen. It only proves that rules were bent to let you go to class.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #7

Obama's Citizenship

Schoeney here's the link:

Bob, the more I learn about snopes, the more I feel its biased. Obama is NEVER wrong on snopes. If you watch Texasrisherdudes video it shows obama's so called birth cert. and its an OBVIOUS fake.

[flash=350,287:rtzf7vcg]http://www.youtube.com/v/iBgkDSw-wQ0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:rtzf7vcg]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/300x250.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Dan, there's no way you like Obama with remarks you have made with the government having too much control..DAN YOU ARE A LIBERTARIAN

Old 10-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #8

Obama's Citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman

Dan, there's no way you like Obama with remarks you have made with the government having too much control..DAN YOU ARE A LIBERTARIAN
Wolfman, that last video you put up with a lot of Regan clips and some George Carlin clips really spoke to me. I may be a Libertarian. :)

Buy hey, It's not just Obama being knocked that I find absurdity in, post something from the other side and I'll equally be annoyed if it is alarmist, has huge leaps of logic, and I won't find it particularly useful either :)

Old 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #9

Obama's Citizenship

Wolfman- Thanks for the link!

Dan- I agree. I don't like fraudulant or "spun" mudslinging either....regardless of which parties are doing it.

I don't know what is the truth with the Obama certificate but if it is fake the truth will be revealed eventually....can you say President Biden? Ughhhhh. Scary think to say but probably better than President Obama in my opinion.
VBA #659

Old 10-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #10

Obama's Citizenship

Oh one other thing. Take what fact check reports with a grain of salt. Obama directed alot of funds to them (Annenburg Foundation) a couple years ago.
VBA #659

Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Obama's Citizenship

Wolfman,

I agree that snopes is probably biased. When you get down to it, every organization, reporter, investigator, etc., is biased to some degree. Some more than others.

The problem is that we individual citizens have no way of finding out what the actual truth is. Suppose that the judge who dismissed the case brought by the lawyer in the video had not dismissed it. Who would have been tasked with investigating the documents? Most likely the FBI or some other government institution. Considering the scandal that would ensue if it were declared that the documents were false would there be a cover up? No matter which way it was found would we be able to believe that the outcome was the actual truth?

I know this sounds very pessimistic but how much can we really believe what comes from politicians or government organizations?

Take the Warren Commission findings in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. They investigated and studied for a very long time and then basically said, "Lee Harvey Oswald acted totally alone. . ." Then they sealed all the records for what, 50 years or was it a 100 years?! Did we really get the truth about that? If it wasn't the truth and the truth ever comes out nobody will care anymore because everybody from that time will be dead.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama is not a natural born citizen and thereby ineligble to be the President. But I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of finding out the truth of the matter.

I pray to God that Obama fails to get elected and the point will be moot (for now anyway).

For any of you Obama supporters, this is my personal opinion. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #12

Obama's Citizenship

If he isn't a natural born citizen, I hope that it is found out and appropriate action taken. I just doubt you take that kind of chance (running for pres) knowing you're not.

I think the guy in the video will convince those who want him to be right, and will have no sway on those who are just trying to take his allegations at face value and see if it offers any compelling evidence.

I'll be very glad to be one week from now and have all of this over with. :)

BTW, senator Hatch from Utah wants to change that part anyway so that Terminator can run for President on the Republican ticket.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #13

Obama's Citizenship

An actor/governor from California for President??....no way, nobody would vote for such an unqulified candidate!

The terminator would have a hard time getting re elected in California let alone for Prez.
VBA #659