Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2009 - Custer, SD

Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
VBA Founder

Custer Rally Concluding Remarks.....

Now that everyone is officially back home from the Rally in Custer, and I have finished the chore of moving out of my home of 14 years into a duplex (temporary) in Lindale, I wanted to send everyone some concluding remarks about the rally.

I'm not a very emotional guy, but when I think of the lines of Nomads and the "Nomadradery" displayed in Custer......well, it actually makes me tear up. What I saw in Custer was a group of 75 people and 55 Nomads coming together for the first time and sealing friendships that started on a forum two years ago. I also saw in Custer history being made. And for this, I am damn proud..........and thankful.

My thanks go out to the following for their help with a successful rally........

Kioti and Waterman, for their willingness and capability to lead us on two of the longest rides that I had planned. You guys did an excellent job leading all of us through the Devil's Tower and Badlands routes.

Amy and Todd, for taking care of registration. Believe it or not, registration is not easy for a rally, but Amy did an excellent job. Todd, I want to also thank you for helping at the Thursday night dinner. Your help in counting and organizing was invaluable.

CactusJack......thanks for organizing and implementing the door prizes at the Thursday night dinner. Your help in getting the door prizes to the rally is greatly appreciated.

SWB....thank you for doing all the legwork for the Rally.....setting up our base at the Bavarian and doing other things for the rally.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank all of you for taking a week out of your lives to travel a great distance to meet other Nomad owners and ride some mucho grande roads in the Black Hills. It took a large amount of moxy for you guys to do what you did (although we had smiles on our faces while doing it).

God's speed to itsemt and nightmare. I hope you guys heal up quickly and return to your normal lives very soon.

I will be posting a trip report about the rally on my website in the coming weeks. I'll let all of you know when it's done. Also, I will be getting with the editors of Accelerate Magazine (Kawa's Mag) to help write an article about the rally for their upcoming issue.

I think all of us moved up a notch in our riding skills and experience during that trip. I tip my hat and salute all of you for a job well done.

Sincerely,
Trip

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #2

and lets all give trip a pat on the back for making it all possible.i
for one had a great time and thought that everything was well
planned and went smoothly.thanks to all who made it happen.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Thanks again Trip. However, I really, really really did not need to see that picture again!!!
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #4

Tip of the hat, Trip, I thought it was on the other end. A well done job by all. Many thanks.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #5

Great job to all who worked the rally and thanks to all that traveled to the rally. We really didn't take a week out of our lives, we added a fantastic week to our lives. Looking forward to seeing and riding with everyone again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #6

Again, we had a great time. I've never been on any vacation where something didn't pop up and try to spoil it, excepting this one. #1 the people were great, #2 the Bavarian room was very comfortable, #3 the rides and scenery were great, and most importantly, the friendships we made will be cherished forever. I've heard Darlene tell several friends about how great the entire trip was. That means alot because she won't hesitate to jump up and head for the next rally. Thanks again to everybody who made this so successfull.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I too was pleasantly surprised at the fine group of people KawaNOW members are, even Todd and SWB!!

I felt privileged to have members ask me questions on tires, TFI's and other Nomad related topics. You all made me feel as if I was an important part in the scheme of things and I really appreciated it.

As you can tell in person I'm not as blunt as I am on line. I'm just a geek trying to have a good time riding the wave of life into shore!

Meeting Greg (glwilson) and Mitch (Terrebonne) in person and the rest of you was like a reunion where it would be hard to guess whom was whom just by knowing them on the forum. All I could do was laugh when someone would introduce themselves as their on line moniker! Some funny sh*t right there! Some I could figure out and some just blew me out of the water!

Every time I saw Trip with "THAT HAT!" I would laugh All you "southerners" with your accents was fantastic to listen to I really mean it! Being the only rider from California I never get a chance to hear southern drawl first hand! Y'alls sound good!

I had the time of my life

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Southern Accents are sexy!!! sorry, your girls been talking again :) :) :) :)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 06-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

ROFLMAO!! you clown!!!! "Little Woody".

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #10

Thanks trip! It was a pleasure to share the beauty of my state with all my new friends.

And as far as leading the rides. . . shucks it wern't nothin' at all, I was glad to do it.

Mike "Kioti" Gregg
Peripheral visionary, wanderer, vagabond, pilgrim, rambler, roamer, nomad

VBA #00380
VROC #11078
Lennox, SD *AMERICA by GOD*

2016 Kawasaki Vaquero
2009 Victory Vision - gone
2006 Kawasaki Nomad - gone
2002 Kawasaki 1500 Classic - gone

"A Bumble Bee is considerably faster than a Super H Farmall"

2009 Black Hills Rally
2018 Black Hills Rally

Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
I too was pleasantly surprised at the fine group of people KawaNOW members are, even Todd and SWB!!

I felt privileged to have members ask me questions on tires, TFI's and other Nomad related topics. You all made me feel as if I was an important part in the scheme of things and I really appreciated it.

As you can tell in person I'm not as blunt as I am on line. I'm just a geek trying to have a good time riding the wave of life into shore!

Meeting Greg (glwilson) and Mitch (Terrebonne) in person and the rest of you was like a reunion where it would be hard to guess whom was whom just by knowing them on the forum. All I could do was laugh when someone would introduce themselves as their on line moniker! Some funny sh*t right there! Some I could figure out and some just blew me out of the water!

Every time I saw Trip with "THAT HAT!" I would laugh All you "southerners" with your accents was fantastic to listen to I really mean it! Being the only rider from California I never get a chance to hear southern drawl first hand! Y'alls sound good!

I had the time of my life
Brad, I felt priviliged to be the sole rider representing Louisiana among the rest of the nation. Even though a couple of guys laughed at my pronunciation of "mud" and "butter", I still had a great time. Their Southern drawl really made my day also. You really surprised me as you are not nearly as opinionated in person as you are online. I don't know if that's good or bad but I hold a high opinion of you no matter what. The same goes for all those that I met. Can't wait for the next one. I'm ready this fall.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
VBA Founder

Now Mitch, let's tell the story straight.

When Mitch says the word, "mud", he says it more like..... muuuuawd. Same with butter........ buuuuuawttta.

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #13

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482