Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Thumbs Up Keihin CVK40

EDITED 6/19/2018 UPDATED

It's a Sad Day in Texas my Friends. In the recent past few days I posted up (see below) easing into triple digits.

Today I completed all of the items mentioned, but once the CVK (carb) was on the bench and breaking it down did I find the Slide to Plastic to Diaphragm to Plastic was warped (the lower one).

It's not up to snuff to me so back to the internet to order.

(I did put everything back together with all new parts with the exception of yes the slide.)

Took RED out for a test drive and ran smooth as silk even though not up to snuff.

( about 400 miles using the old slide and bike ran perfectly. Must be the new jet kit that had been sitting on my shelf the last few years! Gas mileage the same - easy starting and idle - quick response on throttle.)

PARTS ARRIVED YESTERDAY - 6/16/2018

I'll take a picture of the old one once I do the breakdown (again).

Updated 6/19/2018
Should have taken a picture of the old slide before rebuilding it back into the carburetor --- once the new slide arrived I went to replace it and the old slide had HEALED ITSELF the lower plastic was now correct ---. All good here.

I did a by-pass on the carburetor warmer and removed the plastic T-connector from carburetor. Here is a picture of a True Keihin CVK40 Carburetor for Kawasaki Bikes -look for the T-connector.
I purchased a thumb screw pilot and you can see how much I took off just to clear the T-connector that is one of the reasons I removed the T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CVK40 1.jpg (25.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg CVK40 2.jpg (97.1 KB, 3 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by rolfe; 06-19-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #2

You will get it up and going the way you want but until a good diaphragm is put in don't be hard on the girl.

Plunge

TX1700 on VBA
plunge on Texas VROC
VROC #36447
VBA #02703
Ivan's reflash
2013 Vulcan Voyager ABS
2002 Road Star (sold)