Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #1

National Rally shirts vs. last years Elkins shirts

Is it just me?
The National Rally shirts LOOK great I will admit that right off. BUT the whole design on the back is rubberized or something. They are going to make your back sweat like mad. Not to mention they are uncomfortable.
The Elkins shirts from last year were screen printed I believe. They breath even through the design. This is a much better process in my opinion.
Also the front of my short sleeve shirt has some kind of glue in the printing area. At first I thought it was supposed to be clouds but it is not on my long sleeve shirt.
I know, send it back and get a different one. Not going to do that. I just wanted to know if anybody else was not happy with this rubberized process.
I can't remember who did the Elkins shirts,I think it was somebody Valdez knows. The National shirts were done by Cap House.
In my opinion the Elkins shirts are a much better process, at least on shirts. The Cap House process is probably OK on hats.
Any one care to comment?
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #2

Check out the northcentral group page. Patty (Mrs. Valdez) is making white and grey national rally shirts. I believe they are screen printed. Her email is listed in the ordering information post and you can contact her for more information.

We actually have two sources for shirts. Patty only has white and grey and Cap House has the black ones.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
VBA Founder

It's a different process TC.....The shirts that the Cap House makes are made with a Teflon Paint screen process. Although it might be a little less comfortable on the back than the screened images, it will last a lot longer and keep it's glossy look.

I talked to Diane about the glue overage you mentioned. She said once you wash the t-shirts, that should come off. Also, Diane suggests that you hang the shirts to dry instead of drying them in the dryer.

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
Top Contributor

I have some of the basic Kawanow shirts from the caphouse, the 2009 National rally shirts from the caphouse, and some of the Elkins shirts.

That back logo softens up on the caphouse shirts after a few times through the wash but is still there..i dont mind it. I dont dry those all the way in the dryer either. I like the Elkins shirts too and mine so far have not faded but a little and I have worn the crap out of them......so I think they are both fine shirts, just different.

BTW...I would recommend going up an extra size from the Caphouse.......the brand she uses seems to run just a little small. (SHUT UP BD!!!)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Top Contributor

She uses both the Jerzees and Gildan brand. The Jerzees brand runs small...I noticed that too...but tell her you want the Gildan and it runs more true to size...JMHO...
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Top Contributor

Good tip...both styles I have are Jerzees.....I got the extra size for the national one and it gives me room to expand my belly a little more!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #7

todd...nevermind.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
todd...nevermind.
Don't make me come down there ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
I have some of the basic Kawanow shirts from the caphouse, the 2009 National rally shirts from the caphouse, and some of the Elkins shirts.

That back logo softens up on the caphouse shirts after a few times through the wash but is still there..i dont mind it. I dont dry those all the way in the dryer either. I like the Elkins shirts too and mine so far have not faded but a little and I have worn the crap out of them......so I think they are both fine shirts, just different.

BTW...I would recommend going up an extra size from the Caphouse.......the brand she uses seems to run just a little small. (SHUT UP BD!!!)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?????? I wasn't going to call you fat, stupid, good for nothing bald-headed North Carolinian genetic deficient Uglomopotomus!! Honest, I wasn't!!

On the other hand,,,,, those shirts run a little small like your "package" huh??? Yer ol lady's been talkin'''

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Yep they do run like my package BD......I call my package XXL but it's really just an XL!!!! You on the other hand, have a size 2T package.......sorry, SWB's been talkin'

<marquee> </marquee>

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 04-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
Mega-Contributor

My long-sleeved KawaNOW shirt has the big, black, rubberized logo on the back. It heats up like a frying pan in the AZ sun.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #12

Here is National Rally Shirt ordering information for shirts ordered through mrsvaldez (Patty). I would also like to add a few notes:

Some print shops use transfers on shirts. This results in a "rubbery" feel and the advice not to use the clothes dryer. Over time, the rubber will crack and/or peel from the heat. That is one of the processes, however, along with Screen-printing, to achieve the design on a black or dark colored shirt. Our shirts are Direct to Garment printed on Gildan brand shirts and are available in white or grey only.

*****************Direct To Garment Printing VS Screen Printing*************************

With direct to garment printing, the ink is printed directly into the fabric fibers of the t-shirt. It is then heat-pressed at 350 degrees.

Screen-printing is a process where a design is converted to a film, the film is then transferred to a screen. The number of screens for any design is based on the number of colors of the design. Inks are then transferred through the tiny dots in the screen to the garment in a proper order to achieve the desired result.

With Direct to Garment Printing you can have as many colors as you want with no extra charge. With screen-printing your price is based on the number of colors you want, the more colors the higher the price.

Screen-printing offers little or no Color Variation: Colors for screen prints are printed in solid shades. This means that there is no gradient or variation possible within the design since each and every color variation would require an entirely separate screen (so in order to achieve a simple black to white gradient, you could easily use 10 screens).

The main advantages of direct to garment printing over screen-printing are color and detail. You can create more vibrant, colorful, and detailed prints than on screen printed products. You can print shadows and gradients with no problem at all.

The only drawback to Direct to Garment Printing is that you cannot print on dark colored shirts. This process has no white ink, therefore it is impossible to print light colors on a dark color shirt.

Direct To Garment Printed Shirts Ordering Information

Ladies Long Sleeve
White is 100% preshrunk cotton; double-needle stitching throughout; taped neck and shoulders; sport grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester; narrow 1/2" neck rib; feminine shoulder; 2" rib cuff

Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL

FULL BODY LENGTH S 25
M 26
L 27
XL 28
2XL 29

NECK SIZE S 7
M 7.25
L 7.5
XL 7.75
2XL 8

SLEEVE LENGTH S 30
M 30.5
L 31.5
XL 32.5
2XL 33.5

Ladies Short Sleeve
White is 6.1 oz., 100% preshrunk cotton; double-needle stitching throughout; seamless ttop stitched collar; taped neck and shoulders; sport grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester; new feminine cut; shorter length classic fit; narrower 1/2" rib neck; shorter sleeves

Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL

BODY WIDTH XS 16
S 18
M 20
L 22
XL 24
2XL 26

FULL BODY LENGTH XS 24
S 25
M 26
L 27
XL 28
2XL 29

SLEEVE LENGTH XS 5.25
S 5.5
M 5.75
L 6
XL 6.25
2XL 6.5

Mens Long Sleeve

White is 100% preshrunk cotton; double-needle stitching throughout; taped neck and shoulders; sport grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester

Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL

BODY LENGTH S 28
M 29
L 30
XL 31
2XL 32
3XL 33
4XL 34

BODY WIDTH S 18
M 20
L 22
XL 24
2XL 26
3XL 28
4XL 30

SLEEVE LENGTH S 33.5
M 34.5
L 35.5
XL 36.5
2XL 37.5
3XL 38.5
4XL 39.5

Men’s Short Sleeve
White is 100% preshrunk cotton; double-needle stitching throughout; seamless topstitched collar; taped neck and shoulders; sport grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester

Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL

BODY LENGTH S 28
M 29
L 30
XL 31
2XL 32
3XL 33
4XL 34
5XL 35

BODY WIDTH S 18
M 20
L 22
XL 24
2XL 26
3XL 28
4XL 30
5XL 32

Pricing

Men’s Short Sleeve (S-XL) $19 plus actual shipping
Men’s Long Sleeve (S-XL) $21 plus actual shipping
Women’s Short Sleeve (XS-XL) $20 actual plus shipping
Women’s Long Sleeve (S-XL) $22 plus actual shipping

Add $1 for each X over XL

Shipping

All shirt orders will be shipped USPS Priority Mail within two weeks

To Order

Contact Mrs. Valdez (Patty) at (916) 616-8146 or pfaubion@gmail.com

With the Following Information:

Name, Mailing Address, Phone #, e-mail address and forum name

Shirt Gender – Men’s or Women’s
Shirt Color – White or Sport Grey
Shirt Size – Refer to Sizing Charts
Sleeve Choice – Long or Short

Credit Card Number, Exp Date and three-digit code on signature line

Back of Shirt

Front of Shirt

Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #13

Thanks for the information Patty. You have a PM.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
Yep they do run like my package BD......I call my package XXL (or Xtra Xtra Little) but it's really just an XL (Xtra Little) !!!! You on the other hand, have a size 2T (Two Times my size package.......sorry, my ol lady's been putting out!

<marquee> </marquee>
I stand corrected!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
VBA Founder

Well, I see that besides Todd's package size, things may be getting a little competitive about t-shirts. I want to let everyone know that it's never been my intention to get any competition going between our two basic t-shirt vendors.

The bottom line is...if you want a white or grey t-shirt......get it from Patty/Ron. If you want a black t-shirt, get it from the Cap House. Both use a different screen process and both have their pros and cons.

I have a number of KawaNOW t-shirts, from both vendors and I have no complaints about any of them. I've been treated very fairly by both vendors and I am happy with the product I received.

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip