Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Hi from Connecticut

Morning everyone,

Wanted to say hi and ask a few questions:

I'm looking at a 2005 1600 nomad with 10,000 miles on her stock except V/H pipes dealer serviced. I'm also looking at a 2006 with 20,000 with V/H pipes and a hyper charger I can get them for about the same price. I'm also looking at a 2006 1600 classic with 10,000 miles for a 1,000 less. I would have to replace the passenger pegs with boards on the classic. The classic has engine guards and hi-way pegs. Money is tight which is why I'm considering the classic. I've read a whole bunch of threads on the differences between them and researched them to death.

I found the height of the nomads are 58"high vs the classic of 44" high yet there is only about 1" difference in seat height. Why would that be?

I also see nomads are easier in slow maneuvers than the classic.The rake is the same 32 degrees and the trail is more on the nomad than the classic. Wouldnt you expect the longer the trail the harder to turn or am I wrong on that.

between the 2005 and 2006 nomad's is there any difference in model years as far as issues with the 2005 being the first year of the 1600 nomad?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. I hope to make the purchase this week.

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads