Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Caddman and vcuum lines

The other day I me up with CoachA, Davidjones (+wives) and trosco for a tour of St. Augustine (See SE region part of forum). As I was pulling out the Nad back fired at the next stop traffic light I noticed that it was idling awfully high. On returning home, I pulled off the air cleaner and behold one of the caps used to seal the vacuum line was off and lying in the bottom (lucky it didn't get suck into the TB).
I don't know if the backfire blew it off or if it came off then backfired, but any way i stopped today and and bought 2 hoses clamps and placed them on the caps.
So the short story is clamp those caps

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Fire & Iron, Red Knights, ROK, VBA, VRA, VROC, IAFF

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Caddman and vcuum lines

How long had they been on? It is a good idea to use them and year and then toss em out, for new.

It is likely what ever the condition was to get a back fire blew the cap off.

IF you still have medusa's head up above the engine, all that crap hoses you should check both ends of the little hose, and if all that crap is gone check the vac port on the throttle body where the little hose once was.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Caddman and vcuum lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
How long had they been on? It is a good idea to use them and year and then toss em out, for new.

It is likely what ever the condition was to get a back fire blew the cap off.

IF you still have medusa's head up above the engine, all that crap hoses you should check both ends of the little hose, and if all that crap is gone check the vac port on the throttle body where the little hose once was.
They've only been on about a month
i'll check the rest of the hoses.
thanks for the tip

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #4

Caddman and vcuum lines

I did the Caddman mod and left the ICS's in, but want to remove them now. What do I use to plug those lines with?
Thanks...

Old 04-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Caddman and vcuum lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk11
I did the Caddman mod and left the ICS's in, but want to remove them now. What do I use to plug those lines with?
Thanks...
5/16th in vacuum cap, hose clamps and I believe it was a 3/4 in stopper for the big hose

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Caddman and vcuum lines

I use common colored plastic caps and the ones I used are red, These might change color as they are just plug off vac caps. I find them in auto parts stores in mulitipacks.

It is best to get heat shrink tubing to place over the wires leaving them in place, and after heating the tubing to tighten it tie the wires snuggly with nylock toes clipped short and out of the way to the brackets the ISC's used to be mounted on.

I use a plastic wine bottle cork cut in half to get rid of the excess.

I took out the Medusa's head over the engine entirely.

To do that you need to cap off the vac port at the throttle body, with a yellow cap.

You need to either get coasters or cap off 2 ports on the reed valve assemblies each.

Be certain to not pull and cap off the engine breather which has a hose running side by side with the cly 1 reed valve.

If you go to right side only still using the OEM backing plate one more red cap goes on the lowest fitting there is. This fitting terminates on the far left side ending in a plug.

This is a drain hose for gas/oil / sludge/water, and anyone taking care of their bike as we all do would never need that drain anyway.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it