Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-25-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Cheap Battery Trick

I accidentally killed my battery the other day. On my '06 Nomad, this of course means rear seat, back rest and front seat removal to get at the battery. Charged it up and I was back in business. Then, yesterday, on a ride with my partner, I realized I had forgotten to pump up the shocks. I didn't have my hand pump with me, but I have a small air compressor for emergency flat repair that you can hook up to the battery. This would have meant taking off the seats to get at the battery. Enough I said. I bought a 30" 6 gauge battery cable with connectors already in place. I snaked it from the battery area down the right side inside of the frame and into the right side cover area. I covered the that end and stuffed it in by the overflow tank. Then I connected the other end to the positive post. Now, by simply removing the one screw in the side cover, I have access to the battery to jump or connect the air pump or anything else I want to hook up. Connect to the extension and connect the ground to the directly to the frame and, voila, power. This is not the science of a rocket, but a simple solution to getting to the battery as easily as possible. Okay, my work here is done. Back to developing a portable nuclear power plant to take on the road when I go out camping.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-26-2020, 06:27 AM   #2

Or you could do what i did. Mount a dual socket in the middle of the handlebars. It runs my satnav mostly, but has pumped up my sofa/bed, a couple of flat tyres , and works the TV too. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproo...EAAOSwpq9e2vsp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-12-03 15.20.33.jpg (83.5 KB, 19 views)