Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #46

I really wish I could go, and as I just found out about it, will see if Mrs. Bamabrat feels up to it. On June 18th, they took her out of labor and did an emergency c-section to deliver my son (his heart rate had dropped). It was done so quickly they didn't have time to give her any anesthesia before the c-section, so it's taking her a long time to recover. We also have a 22 month old daughter, and the wife still can't lift anything over 10 pounds (so either kid). Our anniversary is Sept 17th (or is it the 15th???) so maybe she'll be willing to drop off the yung'uns at her parents and take a trip. Will let you all know. Thanks for the invite NomadTom69. Much appreciated.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #47

I tried for the third time to call and get a room and no one answer phone or calls back

Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #48

finally got one

Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #49

Getting closer! Lets hope the weather cooperates too...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 08-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #50

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Bear with me. My supervisor still can't give me an answer. We're expecting some material to come in is all she can tell me.

I was always thought the company considered me an existential paradoxxxxxx, however the proof in the pudding is they could not exist a day with out ME!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Bear with me. My supervisor still can't give me an answer. We're expecting some material to come in is all she can tell me.

I was always thought the company considered me an existential paradoxxxxxx, however the proof in the pudding is they could not exist a day with out ME!
Hope you can make it Mike. I'm eager to get on the road. I had to miss the national but will make this rally and will see you in Antlers shortly thereafter. I'll call you in the next couple days.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 08-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #52
Top Contributor

Quote:

Tell your supervisor that your friend Todd is big, mean, ugly, and only live a few towns over...and will visit if she keeps you from this

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #53

I am still coming folks but.... doing a impromptu repeat trip to Colorado and on to Seattle over the next few weeks. Leaving Thurs and due back around rally week end. Right now it looks like I may get there Friday or it may be Saturday. Will have to take the luck of the draw on accommodations cause of the question on arrival date but even if it is a chair in the parking lot of the hotel, I will be there.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Tell your supervisor that your friend Todd is big, mean, ugly, and only live a few towns over...and will visit if she keeps you from this
Well, that would work if I was working for a man supervisor. We could negotiate peacefully and come to an agreeable compromise. However, I'm working for a skirt at the moment and they have absolutely no capacity for that what so EVER! Somebody with no idea of what purse goes with what shoes, and heels or not, that has to ask a fashion train wreck like me for my opinion, has the government make my beloved company put them in charge of people. We got a cafeteria down yonder set aside with lots of women jobs, full of stoves, sinks, cake mixers, mops, and brooms. Stuff regular womens were born, and love to do! But, some genetic defects wanna do the big boy stuff.

You wont EVER catch me boarding a plane with a chick for a pilot. If her co-pilot just happens to see her making a mistake and says something, she'll still do it wrong and fly that SOB into the ground in spite of him! That's the way they resolve differences!

Thanks for the offer bud. I'll just use the Kaw Charm on her. Womens cain't resist it.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #55

Well we just closed on a house and have a month of painting and moving ahead of us. We have a room reserved but not sure if we will make it right now. Funds and spirits are exhausted at this point. Still have a couple weeks to pull out a miracle...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhollinger View Post
Well we just closed on a house and have a month of painting and moving ahead of us. We have a room reserved but not sure if we will make it right now. Funds and spirits are exhausted at this point. Still have a couple weeks to pull out a miracle...
We are kinda in the same boat but mine is work related. We'll have to leave Friday night after the game, get up to Valdosta and then finish up to Blairsville on Saturday just to say hey, go to bed and head home on Sunday. We're going to try to pull it off cause I haven't missed one yet.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacha View Post
We are kinda in the same boat but mine is work related. We'll have to leave Friday night after the game, get up to Valdosta and then finish up to Blairsville on Saturday just to say hey, go to bed and head home on Sunday. We're going to try to pull it off cause I haven't missed one yet.
You're a damn mad man!
I done drunk your Jack. Looked like it was bout to go bad or something.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #58

Quote:
You're a damn mad man!
I done drunk your Jack. Looked like it was bout to go bad or something.

I knew you could do it. It probably was going to go bad. It's been around for awhile. I read aging GJ was bad.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 09-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #59

Geeze. Ida figgered in your line of work you were never subjected to lame ass excuses that tug at the ol' heart strings.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacha View Post
I was on the bike all weekend running a rally up in GA. Sorry I didn't respond to your's or Amy's either. When I was off the bike and checked my phone I was usually in a place that didn't have reception or wouldn't send. Tammy got pissed because I never let her know how I did. All she knew was that my Spot kept moving and ended up where it was supposed to.
Don't mean to jump to another subject, but I bought the Spot after you suggested it. I like it. There is supposed to be two options for emails you can send when in the situation you mentioned (no phone). I assume you would have the other message saying "no phone, but doing fine" (or something like that). The other message is the "checked-in" message.

My question is; do you know how to setup the second message? You might not since apparently you just kept moving on your ride. However, if you do, please send me a PM or something.

Thanks, and you guys have a great time at your rally!

Now back to your regular programing...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417