Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #1

Got hit on the way to work

Rode to work this morning. Stopped on a small hill at a stop light. Woman in front of me is looking for something on her floor or seat. All of a sudden her car starts rolling back at me. First reaction is to scream and beep. (wrong move). Next I moved a little forward and left just in time to have her crash into my right crash bar and peg. Knocked me softly over onto my left crashbar. I am laying there yelling at her to pull forward. All the noise just confused her. She finally pulled forward and I stood the bike up and pulled up on the curb next to her. Little thing about 20 years old. Cop was two cars back. Total damage- a rotated highway peg. Her car has a gouge from the bumper forward about 18" up her driverside. Oh yeah, A new pair of boxers for me.
From now on I will be as far left or right as possible to avoid any further episodes. I usually leave 10 feet thinking the car may be a stick shift. Glad I was in gear to at least get partially clear.
Cop took her info in case but overall the apology was enough. She was pretty shook up.
Could have been a lot worse.

Login or Register to Remove Ads