Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #46

That is freakin' awesome! Congrats to you and your machine! Couldn't help but notice the irony of "something about you" from Boston- as if you and your "girl" were speaking to each other...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #47

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
That is freakin' awesome! Congrats to you and your machine! Couldn't help but notice the irony of "something about you" from Boston- as if you and your "girl" were speaking to each other...
YEP...ever since new this skoot spoke to a part of me. I had always been on sportbikes and will never sell my Hayabusa, but The Vaq has allowed me to slow down and smell the roses, or I should say the orange blossoms down here!!!

RACNRAY

Old 05-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #48

Link to my "for sale" thread

Here is the link for the goodies comin off the skoot, it will be an ongoing thread and stuff will be added as they come off.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43961

THANX
RACNRAY

Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
Here is the link for the goodies comin off the skoot, it will be an ongoing thread and stuff will be added as they come off.

THANX
RACNRAY
Count me in for the I-Pod and Cable ?

What will be the price for both - without shipping ?

I would like to get it in person in july, when I'm in Florida !

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster

Old 05-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #50

congrats ray,wish you the best of luck for whatever you buy.ride on ride safe

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #51
Advanced Member

He is going Indian....111 Thunder stroke. Ray I hope you keep us posted on how you like that new bike and how it compares to the one you are selling.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
He is going Indian....111 Thunder stroke. Ray I hope you keep us posted on how you like that new bike and how it compares to the one you are selling.
I rode the Chieftain over 2 years ago at the first demo and there really is NO COMPARISON between the 2. That indian makes the Vaquero feel very ruff and unpolished and that has stuck in my mind for over 2 years now. I just wasn't finished with the Vaq till recently. A former Vaq owner that bought a chieftain cuple years ago told me he hasn't missed the vaquero one bit!

I am lookin forward to the skoot.

RACNRAY

Old 05-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #53

Congratulations on the milestone!

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 05-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #54

Amazing on the 100,000 miles. Now the 111 calls you. Impossible to resist. Ray, Ray, Ray in a wisper as you walk away from the dealership, in the middle of the night waking in the morning thinking one just rode by.....the story continues.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
I hope, you wont be dissapointed about the quality of the indians vs. the Kawi.
Had a Roadmaster as a rental bike during the Bike Week this year. Great engine and transmission, but the build quality was bad. Chrom started to rust/peel off flake, frame some parts oxidized, etc.

Waiting for pics with 100.000 mls. IMHO, I would run the Kawi till it breaks down. Let us see, how long it lasts . . .

Cu,
Sven
That's weird a rental that was a bit neglected and showing wear.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 05-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
THANX TO ALL, you all are way cool!!!

Ya know, when I bought the Vaq April 2011 I had a pretty lass that rode her own Honda. That was way cool but she was NOT happy when I bought the Vaq (like she had ANY say in it!!!)...so neat thing, she's been gone since August 2011 and THE VAQ IS STILL HERE!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Oils I've tried, Amsoil, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Kawi's full synthetic oil, Belray semi synthetic. In my skoot they all seem to feel the same but I have the worse shifting/clunking 1700 I have sat my butt on. UUGGG. Seems with any of the oils shifting is fine at first but goes to shit with about 2000-2500 miles on the oil.

I just dynoed a stock 2015 Vaquero today and dropping it into first gear was like a hot knife thru butter. Mine was NEVER that smooth from day one. YUK!!!

RACNRAY

Ray,
As strange at it seems, reflashing my ECU has gotten rid of that klumk when shifting, I don't know the specifics of it all, but it is dead quiet when shifting now. Guy at Ivans said it had to do with timing, and other engine specifics, didn't want to hold him up on the phone.....

Anyway, I'm happy now with the way it shifts now.
BTW, congrats on the milestone! friend of mine has a '12 Voyager, has well over 100,000 miles on it, I will ride with him next month to a ralley in Wisconsin. These Kaws are like tractors, just keep on running.
hank43

Last edited by hank43; 05-14-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsteve View Post
That's weird a rental that was a bit neglected and showing wear.
I don't think that it was a weird rental. Come over to Germany and have look to those few Bikes from Indian which run here. The same ? No worse than the rental. Hav a Buddy who but one new here after he sold his Harley and his is very good exact in detailing his Bikes. After one year that thing started to Rust on almost every spoke on the wheels the leather faded out, etc. Okay it was one of the first officially sold Bikes here, but . . . he went back to a Harley.

The Harley went rented in 2015 had more than 30 k-mls on the odometer and looked way better at the Chrome parts.

I love my Voyager, but I had to decide between Harley and Indian, i would buy a Harley.

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster

Old 05-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank43 View Post
As strange at it seems, reflashing my ECU has gotten rid of that klumk when shifting, I don't know the specifics of it all, but it is dead quiet when shifting now. Guy at Ivans said it had to do with timing, and other engine specifics, didn't want to hold him up on the phone.....

Anyway, I'm happy now with the way it shifts now.

hank43

The reason that it shifts better is that you can unload the gears with "neutral throttle" ..... and because they aren't "loaded" (decel or accel), they will move with little resistance.

Without disabling fuel cut, it would not be possible to unload the gears.

Ivan

Old 05-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_ipp View Post
The reason that it shifts better is that you can unload the gears with "neutral throttle" ..... and because they aren't "loaded" (decel or accel), they will move with little resistance.

Without disabling fuel cut, it would not be possible to unload the gears.

Ivan
*** Bonus, thx again Ivan .

Old 05-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #60

Keep an eye on the goodies comin off my skoot, more and more stuff being added...GOOD STUFF!!!