Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #1

New around here

New to the site.I'm Paul from the Jasper,Al. area.

After a tragedy with my daughter in 2010 (TBI survivor) and my marriage of 18 years ending in 2011 I'm finally back in the saddle.It's been a long road for sure.I've owned a couple Kawasaki bikes in my time,Eliminator 125,VN500,Ninja 250.My last 2 bikes I had to sell when all my life stuff happened was a Volusia 800 and a 883 Sportster.I always wanted a VN900 but was always short $ wise.I used to ride with a guy from another forum (Think his name was Tim) who rode a Nomad and I drooled over it.I never imagined I would own one,but I do.Proud owner of a 03 Nomad 1500 FI.It had 30k on it and I'm sure I over payed but I have learned life is too short for "if,and's,and but's" and you just got to go for it.Paid $4500 and am loving it.

My only complaint about the pipes are too quiet and you can hear all the ticks of the motor(seems to be alot of them lol).Might have to get some V&H Baggers or at least de-baffle these stock pipes.Other than that I absolutely love the Nomad.It's the biggest cc bike I've owned and was worried about the weight of it seeing how it's been almost 3 years with no bike.After about the first week it was all good.I'm used to putting miles on my bikes,and now i have one i can do it in comfort.Looking forward to reading the forums and learning about these bikes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads