Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 11-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #61

KNOW Session NOV 6 (Sat) 20 miles S. of Ft Worth

Made it to Bill & Cheryl's shortly after 4 pm. We love it here. They may have to force us to leave. We should be able to work on a dozen Nomads in that huge shop of his. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the morning. Time to head out for dinner Ft. Worth style.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #62

Ann and I had a great time today. Thanks to everyone that allowed us to come out and hang for the day. It was great meeting everybody - hope we can all get together again soon! Trip, hope you and the bike made it home ok!

Regards, Jim & Ann

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #63

Jim, It was a pleasure meeting you and Ann. Good to see you both made it home safely. It was fun today.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 11-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #64

sigh.....

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 11-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #65

Some thoughts on the KNOW session. Thank God for our safety and the beautiful weather. Thanks to everyone that came and especially those that drove many hours each way. I appreciate Mitch and Gene for installing my Chuckster dual plate intake mod, fixing my coolant seepage, and all the other bikes they worked on for us. They also showed me how to make other repairs. Thanks to wife, Cheryl, for her work on cleaning the shop and making so much food. Thanks to son, Richard, for cooking. Great to meet finally meet SteveO, Taranis, and Ann. I loved Ann right off for freely sharing her expertise with my ailing mother. What a great bunch of people, Cheryl and I enjoyed spending the day with them.

Billmac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #66
VBA Founder

Got home safe and sound yesterday about 6:45pm. My thanks to all of you for making this KNOW Session a great one. I'm glad I got to see some old friends and to meet some new ones. I posted everything in the main board because I wanted everyone to see what a good session we had. I'll also repost below. - Trip

Saturday 11/6/2010, a KNOW Session was held at Bill "Billmac" McDonnell's place near Cleburne, Texas. 8-10 were in attendance and the weather, tho a little cold in the morning, was great.

I left my home in Lindale about 8:15am to make the 2 hour ride to Bill's. I arrived at Billmac's shop fully expecting to just park my Nomad outside and watch everyone else get their Nomad's maintenanced or repaired.

When I drove up in Bill's driveway, I got off and noticed oil all over the left side of my bike and it was dripping off the engine below. Bill instructed me to pull it in the shop. Mitch "Cajunrider" Brignac took one look and told me he thought it was the oil seal for the clutch that had come off. Mitch, Gene and Bill quickly lifted my Nomad and Mitch went to work taking everything off to get to the seal. Once exposed, Mitch was right...it was the seal. Mitch fixed the problem and while putting things back together, we noticed that my kick-stand was very loose. Gene, took the lead and fixed that problem. Within an hour or two, I was back in business. Then, Mitch tackled installing cam chain extenders on SteveO's 1500, then he installed the Chuckster air system on Billmac's bike. Gene was right next to him the whole time helping and assisting. My thanks go out to Mitch and Gene. Mitch took care of my problem and knew exactly what to do.

My thanks also go out to Bill and Cheryl for hosting the KNOW session. Bill has a two-bay garage/shop that's perfect for working on motorcycles. In fact, Bill tells me it used to me a motorcycle shop. He bought it and fixed it up. Bill and Cheryl also provided lunch and dinner for everyone. It was a grand time had by all.

My thanks also goes out to Jim "Taranus" Brown for helping me take my tank off so I could tighten my hoses underneath.

Below are some pics I took while there.

Billmac's 2-bay shop.

Billmac's Nomad on the left... Trip's Nomad on the right.

Trip's sick puppy. lol.

Gene on the left (standing)...Mitch on the right (sitting).

Mitch...going to work.

Everything exposed.

The problem... the clutch seal slipped out.

Seal glued back in and ready for re-assembly.

Gene working on Trip's kick-stand.

From left to right: Billmac, Gene, Mitch and Jim "Taranus" Brown.

Finalizing the work.

Don't let that coonass face fool you....lol..Here's the man that can get the job done for you.... Mitch "Cajunrider" Brignac.

Now work begins on installing SteveO's cam chain extenders.

Mitch and others adjusting the extenders.

SteveO's 1500 Nomad sounded great after getting the extenders installed.

We all had a great time... thanks to Bill and Cheryl.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 11-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #67

Sounds like a productive weekend. Hope everyone made it home safe and sound.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #68

Made it home safe and sound @ 4:25 pm. Enjoyed meeting Steve, Jim & Anne, and Bill & Cheryl's daughter Amy and her family. Also met the two grandsons. What beautiful kids. It was great seeing all of the old friends again. At one time it was once a year to meet up but the good times are coming along much more often now. Thanks to Billmac for coming up with the idea of the KNOW sessions. Nothing like getting together with old friends and making new ones. We did have a very productive KNOW wrenching session. The little bit I know about these great motorcycles is a direct result of becoming a member of KawaNOW. Thanks to all of the very knowledgeable members who freely share their skills and experiences. And Trip, you can thank yourself for this whole ordeal. Without your dream of creating a site intended for sharing Nomad ideas and experiences, none of these great get togethers would have ever happened. Darlene and I are astounded with all of the fine friends we've made solely because of KawaNOW. I was proud to be able to contribute Saturday. It was fun. We had a great time. Thanks to Bill and Cheryl for their generosity and hospitality. They are the best. As promised, pictures and documentation coming on the jobs we did this weekend.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #69

Looks like this KNOW session was worthwhile for everyone involved. I hope we have more of these in the future. Glad to see that Gene hasn't forgotten everything he knows about working on the Nomad! ;) Bill that shop looks awesome!

Joe "Griz" Grisolano
2008 Arctic Pearl Honda Goldwing
2008 Black/Red Nomad - Traded September, 2013
VBA #1210
Pittsburg, Kansas

Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #70

My thanks also go out to Bill and Cheryl for hosting the KNOW session. I was the last to arrive but they did let me join in on all the food and fun. Mitch is the Nomad Guru in my book. He sure knows how our cycles tick. After he finished Trip's Nomad he jumped tight into mine doing the cam extenders. He did let me watch and even hand him a tool or two (I am not complaining). He knew just what needed to be done. He didn't even want to stop and eat the great food that Bill had lined up for us. When he was finished he told me to start it up. I was not sure what to expect. If I had done this at home after having the extenders for almost a year I would expect everything bad that could happen to do just that, but not after the Pro Mitch had touched it. I was sure he had replaced my motor with another because is was so quite! I am still amazed today when I got on it this morning to go to work. Everyone here (on the forum that Trip has built) who has done this and said it was not too bad are right. I believe that I could even assist in another, like maybe Taranus (who I met and found out lives not more than two miles for me) when he gets ready.
This was my first (but not last) time to be face to face with some of the folks here and I already felt like I knew them. Now I really do. The next time will be even better. This old fat man is really indebted to all who were there and a BIG THANK YOU to them.

SteveO

Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #71
Top Contributor

Mitch and Gene,
When are you guys gonna come by my place and do one of those intake mods for ME! I'll barby up some fresh salmon, toss in some dungeness crab, buy the beer.....and will even spring for the cigars and tequila shots for dessert... ;) !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #72

Here are the rest of the pictures I took at the KNOW session hosted by Bill and Cheryl in Cleburne, TX on 11/6/2010. They have a very nice spread and their hospitality is sitting on the top shelf. We had a great time and really didn't want to leave. We are looking forward to the next visit. Thank you Bill and Cheryl for a great weekend getaway.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...illmac%20host/

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
Here are the rest of the pictures I took at the KNOW session hosted by Bill and Cheryl in Cleburne, TX on 11/6/2010. They have a very nice spread and their hospitality is sitting on the top shelf. We had a great time and really didn't want to leave. We are looking forward to the next visit. Thank you Bill and Cheryl for a great weekend getaway.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...illmac%20host/
Thanks Mitch. We enjoyed your company and hope you and Darlene will come back. There is a problem with your camera though, it makes us men look old and fat.