Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
The Italian soccer teams were notorious for faking injuryies, its been rumoured that they practised falling and rolling on the ground. It buys them time to rethink and switch players off the sidelines.
I don't have any interest in watching the games, but most of the others here at work are hooked on it.
My wife is actually into this stuff and I sat and watched it for a while. I never did get any sport where you are penalized for a good square hit.

Given that, the only redeeming characteristic of this mess is watching the pathetic dives occur. Some guy will pull his opponent's shirt and he immediately flops forward, rolling on the ground holding his face, rolling around like hes been shot and then, POOF, hop up with a decided limp for about 10 seconds.

VulcanBagger #01711, VRA/GA VRA, SCRC,
VROC #29671, AMA #1085989,
Red Knights MC GA-18 Pres, PGR

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #17

Gawd --oh --mighty !

Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlreeves View Post
My wife is actually into this stuff and I sat and watched it for a while. I never did get any sport where you are penalized for a good square hit.

Given that, the only redeeming characteristic of this mess is watching the pathetic dives occur. Some guy will pull his opponent's shirt and he immediately flops forward, rolling on the ground holding his face, rolling around like hes been shot and then, POOF, hop up with a decided limp for about 10 seconds.

Football ( you blokes call it soccer ) is a game for limp wristed nancies, like you said, they winge at the slightest touch, every one of them spends more time at the hairdresser than on the pitch, but they are hero worshipped by millions of morons around the world, and make some serious money !

Old 06-27-2014, 01:57 AM   #19

You guys missed thw big NASCAR event Last week. They raced at Sonoma CA on a road track and had to make RIGHT turns!

Most of them managed to do it without leaving the track.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 06-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #20

One of my "Fine Limey Friends"..Is a big Manchester United Fan...(and a wanna be Foot ball Hooligan..but he's to old to cut it ! ;>)

I met him on one of those contract job's..been friends for years ! He does contract work on oil refinery's all over the world.

My friend Barry...after downing about a half bottle of my good scotch !

His wife said...oooh there goes Barry..eee thinks eee's T E Lawrence...AND LOOK Eeee's For-Got Eeee's Shoes !
(photo #2 TE Lawrence.. aka: "Lawrence Of Arabia")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LOMA RICA fer Lunch 11-14-2010 008.jpg (100.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg T E LAWRENCE on his Motorcycle.jpg (16.4 KB, 12 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Silent Sam; 06-27-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #21

[QUOTE=Vulcan Bill;583256]You guys missed thw big NASCAR event Last week. They raced at Sonoma CA on a road track and had to make RIGHT turns!

Most of them managed to do it without leaving the track.[/QUOTE ===XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX================== ========= ===================== Did they unweld the steering column from the fixed position so that it could turn both ways ? They must have had marshall,s on the corners with a big arrow on a pole pointing the way, and i expect they all got counselling for the trauma caused by all the complexities of actually DRIVING a car.

Last edited by mick56; 06-28-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc6698 View Post
Mike Tyson
I reckon that during his prison term he did a fair old bit of pillow biting too!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #23

Well Mick..I wanna place a comment here...I surly do...but I run the risk of violating..one of those new -Hate Crime Laws..& Domestic Security Risk Regulations..that just chokes a good laff !

...but I'm laughing anyway !

Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
The Italian soccer teams were notorious for faking injuryies, its been rumoured that they practised falling and rolling on the ground. It buys them time to rethink and switch players off the sidelines.
I don't have any interest in watching the games, but most of the others here at work are hooked on it.
Diving really doesn't buy you time to switch off players as they are only allowed three substitutions per game. Also if a player is subed out for another, the player coming off is done. He is not allowed back into the game.so yes diving is a bullshit way to gain possession of the ball and an opportunity for a shot on goal, but in reality that is about all it accomplishes.
That being said, I too used to feel the same about this pitiful excuse for a game . However having gotten behind my country in the last WC, the enjoyment in this tournament is about giving support to your country. Get behind them, show your support, you could come out on top of the world in the end and lord knows if you all in America ever did then the bragging rights would go on forever.
I spent two weeks in holland in May and was able to take in a friendly (that's exhibition to ya'all) between Ecuador and Holland. Believe me, the party thrown before the match.......holy....your tailgating compares nothing to that party.

Just sayin

Last edited by Nomadyc; 07-01-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #25

[QUOTE=usranger74;582800][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I am working around the house and just looked at ESPN. Two World Cup games on. Both are past 70 minutes and both are tied at 0-0. What a boring sport.

That is how I felt when I tried to watch the NHL playoffs! However I was able to appreciate the defense and the tenacity that these guys had all while wearing an extra large sweater and skating around on a steel blade.
And the NHL has something Nascar doesn't. African American (African Canadian?)players.
I am a fan of Nascar after actually going to the races and seeing the sights and the smell of burning rubber and high octane fuel. It takes more talent than you may think. 4 hours in a car going 180 mph with everybody around you trying to pass or wreck you. IF you watch these guys crash in Talladega you will see how much talent it takes to just not die.

What I dont get it drag racing. 7 seconds of straight ahead driving...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #26

Really....drag racing you don't get? Come on really. Right, seven seconds or less of straight ahead driving.......with enough thrust to lift a 737 off the ground. You try and control that for seven seconds or less.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #27

I do a lot in 7 seconds... just ask the wife. Controlling thrust is not one of them though.
It just isnt my thing, drag racing that is. I actually tried it on my bikes (Kawasaki Eliminator) when I was younger and it was fun, but i didnt have the nerve or money for it.
The cars are intense for a few seconds and then its over. Next...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #28
Mega-Contributor

Working from home today, just waiting for the US vs Belgium match to start. Go USA!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #29

I have played the game in my younger years and I tried again a couple years back but the game had left me behind or was it all this extra weight? I don't watch much of it any more, more into college and NFL now but one thing for sure you don't see many fat guys in the world cup unlike the superbowl. It takes extreme fitness to be running around for 90 minutes.
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #30
Mega-Contributor

Well, that's over. Only a couple of months until college and NFL football starts. REAL football.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17