Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions > In Memoriam

Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
VBA Founder

@@@Chuck's Funeral...What would YOU like to say...

As many of you know.....I have been asked to give a brief talk about Chuck and what he meant to KawaNOW during the funeral services on Monday.

There are many people that are scheduled to give a short talk about Chuck, so if I do get to speak, I thought it would be good if you help me.

Briefly, give me the words you would to say if you were there.......... I will include as many as I can.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
Top Contributor

I'm sure others will have suggestions but I think that in closing maybe Chuck's final words on his blog would be appropriate, "I tired....sleep now."

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
I'm sure others will have suggestions but I think that in closing maybe Chuck's final words on his blog would be appropriate, "I tired....sleep now."
I didn't know him well enough to offer any words to be used at his funeral, but that "I tired, sleep now". Stuck with me too.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Top Contributor

He was a pleasant content man. He offered good advice if you had the time to listen. He thought about his words before he spoke them. He didn't have a malicious bone in his body or have a bad thing to say about anyone.

I hope this helps Trip. In all honesty this is what I picked up on that jolly good fellow during the short period of time I spent with him in Elkins.

We toasted to you and it's because of you that we get to meet fine people like Chuck. Thanks , from the bottom of my heart Trip.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer

His Genuine Kindness was felt by everyone who had contact with him. Chuck has been KawaNow's Ambassador of goodwill. Anyone who had the honor of shaking his hand felt his warmth and generosity. As far as the members of KawaNow are concerened his example will live on...
Trip,
hope some of these words help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #6

He made me smile.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #7

Trip I know that you knew and loved Chuck as much as anyone so anything you say will be from the heart and will be from all of KawaNOW

Old 07-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #8

Trip; as was said earlier , most of us would not have had the good fortune of meeting Chuck had it not been for you establishing this forum. He was the first person I met when I arrived in Elkins that Friday afternoon, a memory I won't soon forget. I'll never forget us walking towards one another across that parking lot, and introducing ourselves.I have been blessed with the opportunity to give three eulogy's in my life, while very difficult at the time, I feel it was a great burden lifted off me afterwards. Whatever you choose to say, it will be pitance of what Chuck was to everyone whom he met. He was one heck of a nice guy no matter how you slice it! To those of us that had the good fortune of meeting him in person, Im sure were better off for it. As was said earlier also "I want to be just like him"

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Trip,

Not only here but the VROC forum, Chuck left a hole that no one will forget. He was a person that I only met once but would have liked to know better. His smile and attitude were a shining star in a world that many times can be negative.

Enjoy the ride to heaven my friend.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

When he expressed his ideas with the staff, we usually took his advice as "sage' and ran with it. He was our "Elder Statesman".

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #11

DITTO! I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Trip I know that you knew and loved Chuck as much as anyone so anything you say will be from the heart and will be from all of KawaNOW

Old 07-26-2008, 04:17 AM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of you in person however, have had the great opportunity to share stories, tell a few tales, laugh a lot and now feel a great sadness. From this side of the world and lets face it we are a world of friends I'm sure Trip will do us, Chuck and his family proud.
:'(

Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #13

I met Chuck at the Elkins, WV Rally and was immediately captivated by his welcoming laid back nature and smile. I talked with him later about his impressions of the differences between the Nomad's he had enjoyed. Like Beezer noted , Chuck gave a very thoughtfully considered answer to me. I was not actively involved with the Forum, so did not know of Chuck till I met him. Since the accident I have read extensively from this Forum and his Blogs and can't help but be impressed and feel a sense of awe at his involvement in Motorcycling Touring (and as an ambassador for VROC and Kawanow), Family the "Garden Club"!!.
He was passionate about Motorcycling. I am amazed at the sense of loss I feel as he has been in my thoughts a lot these past few days. I also recently (April) gave a Eulogy for a Motorcycling friend of mine and although difficult I was able to transmit my thoughts and impressions of my time spent with him to the Family and audience. Trip, all I can suggest is to write down your thoughts of your experiences and knowledge of Chuck, it can be lighthearted even though a solemn occasion. I had to write and read because I am not good at Ad-libbing and did not want to miss/forget anything. All the best to those able to attend the arrangements. Chris & Bonnie.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #14
Advanced Member

Trip, like everyone has said just speak from the heart and try and convey your feelings as if telling a story about him. I for one could not speak due to I would not be able to control my emotions.

I will forever have a hollow spot in my heart until I meet him again.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #15

Trip, what ever you say will make all of us proud to be part of this board and to have had the chance, all but too brief, to have had the priviledge of meeting and having Chuck be part of our life.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD