Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #1

Any videos of Voyager night rides?

I'd like to see what the dash looks like at night. I've got an idea having seen some Vaquero night ride vids, but since the Voyager uses different color gauges I figured it looks different illuminated.

Also interested in seeing how much light the running lights provide left and right.

Also - and this might be hoping for too much - I'd love to see what they look like in the dark from a motorist's perspective to get an idea of how visible they are. Since my morning commute is done in the dark much of the year, the rear fender and top case LED lights are a very appealing feature, as are the driving lights.

Thanks in advance if anyone provides a link for a Voyager night ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Toku57; 02-09-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

Old 02-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #3

That video isn’t mine, just the first one that came up with a search. I know there are about 4 more night riding videos out there that I have watched. I love the gauges at night, the only thing I wish I could do is turn down the back lighting for those nights where my eyes are tired. Don’t get me wrong, these aren’t so bright that they are annoying all the time, they are great. Twice now while night riding and pretty tired, I wish I could have dimmed the dash lights. I plan on looking at the wiring schematic to see if I can install a dimmer in line.

Last edited by BonVoyager; 02-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #4

Awesome - thanks BV! Looks like the guy just posted it a few days ago, although I'm not sure why my search failed to bring it up. The dash looks bright, but doesn't seem quite as bright as the Vaquero's with it's red guages. I love it! I noticed his lights had a bluish hue, and left a message with him wondering if he replaced the bulbs with something more bluish, or perhaps installed an HID or LED system.

Also, I notice the the system audio was on AUX and seemed louder and clearer than I would've expected at around 70, although it seemed to cut out a lot which I think was his camera since the exhaust note cuts out too.

And it appears that at 70, the bike is only running around 2400-2500 RPM, presumably in 6th gear, but hard to be sure because with the audio cutting in and out it's hard to hear the shift points. Is that what the engine speed is at 70 in 6th?

Last edited by Toku57; 02-09-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #5

Since I had my ECU “Ivanized” it puts along at 70, right around 2,200rpm if I remember correctly. Even stock it putted along. You will want to Ivanize, it makes the bike an entirely different beast and it is now how it should have been from the factory, before the EPA make Kawasaki choke the engine down. Fuel mileage is awesome as well with the ECU reprogrammed.

Stock radio is pretty good, right around 70 is where the stock speakers become a little less than nice, not that they are bad at all, but they are stock speakers. I have just upgraded my speakers and I am going to be installing an amp as well. You may not need to do that with yours. The one thing I will suggest is getting the rear speaker kit. The price of them is insane, but you WILL love them, they put you in a bubble of sound and it is just great. He is on Aux because he is likely doing like I am and many others and using an iPod or old iPhone for our music.

Headlights do look like he went with different bulbs, looks like he may have went with different lights altogether as there is a huge dead area in his light pattern, a sure sign of cheap aftermarket lights.

The stock bulbs are nice and don’t have that, but I will be putting brighter bulbs in for a little extra sight.

Check out my thread here to see some of the things I am doing to my bike which include upgrades to the lighting to be seen better by others. “BonVoyager’s 2012 Voyager”. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=47004

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by BonVoyager; 02-11-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVoyager View Post
Since I had my ECU “Ivanized” it puts along at 70, right around 2,200rpm if I remember correctly. Even stock it putted along. You will want to Ivanized, it makes the bike an entirely different beast and it is now how it should have been rom the factory, before the EPA make Kawasaki choke the engine down. Fuel mileage is awesome as well with the ECU reprogrammed.

Stock radio is pretty good, right around 70 is where the stock speakers become a little less than nice, not that they are bad at all, but they are stock speakers. I have just upgraded my speakers and I am going to be installing an amp as well. You may not need to do that with yours. The one thing I will suggest is getting the rear speaker kit. The price of them is insane, but you WILL love them, they put you in a bubble of sound and it is just great. He is on Aux because he is likely doing like I am and many others and using an iPod or old iPhone for our music.

Headlights do look like he went with different bulbs, looks like he may have went with different lights altogether as there is a huge dead area in his light pattern, a sure sign of cheap aftermarket lights.

The stock bulbs are nice and don’t have that, but I will be putting brighter bulbs in for a little extra sight.

Check out my thread here to see some of the things I am doing to my bike which include upgrades to the lighting to be seen better by others. “BonVoyager’s 2012 Voyager”. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=47004
Thanks again for all the really helpful info. I'm familiar with Ivan's ECU re-flash, and would definitely be looking for a Voyager that's had that done, or else get it done myself.

I did hear back from the night riding video guy on his lights, and he replaced the stock bulbs with 6000k led h4/9003 bulbs.

And your mod thread is awesome! If I get a Voyager and decide to become a modmeister myself, your thread will be a great resource. One of the things I like about the Voyager is that you get a great platform for the money and can mod it so many different ways.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:01 AM   #7

Ignore all the accessory lights on this persons bike and those front driving lights he put on his crash bars (factory riding lights turned off in the very beginning of the video, turned back on at the end). I wanted you to see the fender tail light and trunk mounted tail lights at night.

Last edited by BonVoyager; 02-12-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #8

Thanks BV. The rear lighting is impressive. That guy has some serious candle power up front too. If I passed him at night I’d probably be blinded and crash into a tree!