Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #31

This doesn't have much to do with my original post, but one of the attractive things about the Voyager is there'd be no pressure to ride at a hot pace. With a fast sport-tourer type bike, a lot of the time I push myself to keep the pace up, find the right line, brake and throttle at the right time, etc. But with a big 'ol beast like a Voyager, I'd be forced into a more relaxed pace and just enjoy the scenery.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #32

I can ride for hours and hours on my Voyager and feel great when I get off of it, something I can’t say about my Suzuki Volusia.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #33

Greetings,
While I only skimmed this thread and did see one mention of the Ivan Re-Flash I would like to add this.

The Ivan Re-Flash is the single best heat reduction solution on the Voyager. Ivan's reflash changes the temperature point where the fans come on and starting the cool down process sooner before it gets super heated.

Also the re-flash make the bike not run lean which makes it cooler.

Note - I have found that riding with the lowers closed is cooler on me in hot weather than to have 100+ ambient air pouring over a hot engine then dumping it on my legs. Try closing your lowers when it's hot - it's a Free Upgrade and is 100% reversible .
Good Luck.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07nad View Post
Greetings,
While I only skimmed this thread and did see one mention of the Ivan Re-Flash I would like to add this.

The Ivan Re-Flash is the single best heat reduction solution on the Voyager. Ivan's reflash changes the temperature point where the fans come on and starting the cool down process sooner before it gets super heated.

Also the re-flash make the bike not run lean which makes it cooler.

Note - I have found that riding with the lowers closed is cooler on me in hot weather than to have 100+ ambient air pouring over a hot engine then dumping it on my legs. Try closing your lowers when it's hot - it's a Free Upgrade and is 100% reversible .
Good Luck.
An interesting point about how closing the lowers vents on an Ivanized bike in hot weather may actually keep your legs more comfortable.