Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #1

2016 Regional Rally

Well, the after glow of the national is about wore off, so it is time to start discussing the 2016 SE Regional Rally. While at the national in June, I talked with some of the members in attendance. We discussed possible sites. Helen, GA was suggested.

We had a spring ride there a few years back and had the Hampton Inn as our host hotel. It offered under hotel parking and a nice area out by the creek to hang out. The draw of this area is that some of the best roads in N GA, W NC and SE TN are within easy reach. Plus restaurants and places for adult beverages are within easy walking distance of the hotel. We will set up self-guided routes for everyone but group rides can happen.

As far a a date, we are in discussion phase on the Admin board about how we will space out the regional rallies to allow riders to attend multiple regional rallies next summer. I am lobbying for a mid-June date for us. What I need to know is should it be a mid week (Tues-Fri) or weekend (Thurs-Sun) rally.

If you have an opinion, on date or site, please post here. I want to make this a group effort.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads