Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #1

Fouled plugs? '04 1600

Hey ya'll, so I've got a new issue thats been troubling me. Bike has been running great for a while now, but I noticed a little miss a few months ago. Plugs looked clean, wires looked good. I swapped out the coils with a set from Rick's motorsports. I added a little bit of sea foam. Ran the bike for about a month with zero issues. It ran great actually. Then the bike started missing again. Started light, then got to be violent. Pulled the plugs out, and they were black. Went to local auto part store and got a set of universal wires. Swapped them out, cleaned the plugs. Ran great for about 300 miles. Started missing again, bike would chug along at steady RPMS. Only time it was a smooth ride was during acceleration. Pulled plugs, completely black again. Is there a specific set of plug wires I need? The set i have are 500 ohm copper core. Are the Ricks coils no good for an '04 1600? Do i need hotter plugs? What am i overlooking? has my cobra FI gone bad? Do i even need the tuner? It only has a cobra exhaust on it. Has a factory air intake.

attached video link so you can hear what it sounds like

Login or Register to Remove Ads