Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #1

Clutch Spring Replacement

Need a little help from someone who has replaced the clutch spring, I have a 2004 Nomad and decided to try and do this myself, so I printed out Gadgets instructions and proceed to do the job myself, everything was going well until I got the 27mm nut re-installed and tried to install the Rod Push ( Part # 13116 ) and it will not go all the way in.

Your Thoughts Please
Thanks

TRider
Doug Waterhouse

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #2

what is the rod push?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trider
Need a little help from someone who has replaced the clutch spring, I have a 2004 Nomad and decided to try and do this myself, so I printed out Gadgets instructions and proceed to do the job myself, everything was going well until I got the 27mm nut re-installed and tried to install the Rod Push ( Part # 13116 ) and it will not go all the way in.

Your Thoughts Please
Thanks

TRider
Doug Waterhouse
So this is the clutch push rod that goes in after the nut is torqued down. And it is not going in? Are you sure that you made sure all the washers didn't fall when installing them? If one is in the way, then that could be the cause. It's been a while since I did mine. But once I went over it, realized this is what your referring to. So if the 04 has needle bearings and comes apart (mine was one piece) and you did indeed take it apart, then it maybe as I stated as well one of the needle bearings fell when you went to install it? I'd say to double check the washers to ensure they didn't fall and if the needle bearings on the end were removed that is not the problem.

Let us know how you make out.

Scott

Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trider

Your Thoughts Please
Thanks

TRider
Doug Waterhouse
See if this helps any:

http://home.insightbb.com/~franova/N-Clutch-Replace.htm

It's for an '06 but maybe it will help.

Pete

PS. If you're referring to the ~3" rod with the needle bearing, there will be a 1/2" gap or between the needle bearing and nut. I wondered about that too but luckily I had taken enough pictures as I took it apart so I could go back and check. Again this was on an '06.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #5

I don't mean to be rude but the torque springs are not called the judges washers,His washers are two seperate washers that you buy from the judge (Bob) seperate and add in the order shown on gadjets fix it page for jog installation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #6

Well after a nights sleep I figured it after trying it again, I pushed the Rod Push in,which I had not tried, once it was pushed in, I was able to install the aluminum plate and the snap ring.

Job is complete, just need it to stop raining so that I take it out for a spin, and see if it solved the slippage at high speeds.

Thanks to all who responded

Doug

Old 03-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Hey Pete, thanks for the link. I am having problems with my clutch seal and that fix was on the main website. I appreciate it!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Yea right! like YOUR going to know how to do that!?? Brahahahahahaha...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
Hey Pete, thanks for the link. I am having problems with my clutch seal and that fix was on the main website. I appreciate it!
Great, glad it helped.

Pete