Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #1

Went down last Saturday on The Nomad

I went down on the bike Saturday morning on I-5 just out of Stockton Ca. I was moving along at freeway speed (70 mph ) when traffic started to slow in a hurry I adjusted my speed and lane for more clearance Then the car in front of me about 3 car lengths ahead slammed on the brakes and I ran out of options because the lane to the right was blocked now and all that was left was the median so I went down on the road and shoulder. Thank God I was wearing
a full face helmet and leathers. The bike will more than likely be totaled. I just got released from the hospital today,three days in the ICU and two in a room. I ended
up with Five broken ribs ,a fracture on the left hand and wrist and some road rash and some internal bruising.Leathers and the helmet did their jobs, helmet scratched up and cracked. So DJ is down but not completely out. DJ

Login or Register to Remove Ads