Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #31
Advanced Member

"My Backyard" or "Where do you ride?"

Well I can't let you drink alone time for a fresh home brew.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #32
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Now yer talkin' !!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #33

Gonna do a shot of citrus vodka just for a jumpstart.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Obviously men with good taste on board tonight!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #35

just came back from a trip from north georgia to Indy, and back. next month, I'll do South Dakota and back with the wife. The Nomad is so reliable, there's no excuse not to go on a trip every now and then.....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #36
Top Contributor

I live in NC in the Triad area, about 1 to 1.5 hours from the Blue Ridge Parkway.... There are a million roads leading to it and through the foothills but when I go for a extended or overnight ride I always seem to end up on the parkway for a little while. Have done to entire Pkwy from North to South and then gone about 1/2 way up on Skyline Drive, Northern Virginia's version of the Parkway. Otherwise, even if I have 30 minutes I will find a road to point down and take off. Love to get to the higher altitudes especially on days like today when its 102 here with 95% humidity.....aint I glad I have a water cooled engine!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #37

Well wasn't able to hook up with Blowndodge this weekend....... he comes to visit and gets sick... fever and all!!!!

San Diego is a rough place.... gotta take your Sea Foam before visiting!!! Marvel Mystery Oil is great too!!

<marquee> SMITE ME I SAY!!! </marquee>

Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #38
Sr. Contributor

I can't believe how sick I got. Slept all day and just woke up at 10pm. Think I sweated it out! Rain check in order Nico.

Member # 0005

Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 AM   #39

Send a message via Yahoo to jd

I'll ride anywhere I can, when I can. Went to Table Rock Lake and rode Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas August before last; Eastern Tennessee/Western N. Carolina last August; didn't get to do the Dragon, but several of the group did it twice, and I found a neat area between Cherokee Lake and Norris(?) Dam we started calling the Salamander. I ride the Texas Hill Country as often as I can, as I was raised there and family still lives there.

Next Sunday I'm off to Kentucky Lake outside of Paducah by way of Western and Northern Arkansas, and there's getting to be a good possibility I might make the VROC Reunion in Eureka Springs in September. If I do, I'll leave there for Florida to visit some friends for a couple days, then back to Texas. That last will be roughly 1800 miles, not counting the local riding.

And Nico, that's on a itty bitty li'l ol' 750, altho I'm hoping to have the 1500 up and running for the ES/Florida run. :) (That's just a hint to get on yore pony and ride, cowboy, ride! )

Jim

(Next year my brother ['07 1600 Nomad] and I are going to OTIVROC in Coos Bay, OR--woohoo! Already got room reserved!)

Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #40

Hey dharris.......could you post some of the routes you were telling dip about in WVa? I was born there and have always gone back to visit family but never on a bike. A couple of the guys in my group and I talked of going up there the first weekend of October to ride since Concrete Canyon in NYC was cancelled but we have now opted for the mtns. of NC. We change our plans if we have some good routes to ride. Summersville is where we initially looked at as our base camp.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:32 AM   #41

Sounds like some great rides jd! Would love to be able to do that... :)

Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #42

Sawa goodly number of biker bretheren (and sisteren too) in Gettysburg yesterday. SUre would have been nicer to be in the saddle than behind the wheel. Best I could do was hang my head out the window like a dog

I was impressed by the enormity of the battlefield. 170,000+ troops spread over a 5-mile front . . .

Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #43
Top Contributor

I know the feeling when you wish you were on a bike instead of in the cage. Thanks to today's predicted high of 105 I decided a/c might be the best choice...until I got into the cage and felt really confined.

I've heard the battlefield is incredible. One day I plan to go there.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #44

Kawagirl.....Here is the site i got my maps from http://www.pocahontas.org/ . It is a great place to start. We ran into Clement Salvadori at the Cass railroad.. October should be a great time...........

Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Sounds like some great rides jd! Would love to be able to do that... :)
Are you two timin' me Nico????

Member # 0005