Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Just curios. Anyone been in N Conway NH?

I know Flavor has, TC sort of passed thru once, but lots of folks from Canada do and i just wonder. I am not going to go to the Northeastern Meet up thread either, but NH has no sales tax, so any of you coming here N Conway is a good place to buy outdoor gear tax free. There is White Horse Press that is a bike shop and has tools rain gear generic parts mc covers dogs attractive wimins, dyna beads and kits for them and etc etc. Also we have many Mt gear shops. IME International Mt Eqment, EMS, Ragged Mt that carries their own line an many others like OR and etc, Gun stores too, and you can buy and ship long guns easy , hand guns thru FFL. ladies like the assorted other malls and stores like LL Bean, shops in Settler's Green and shops in down town. For fishermen there is Orvis. A ride on the meet up either passes Errol or comes near it and they have a very good all around outfitters store there for fishing and hunting too.

The N Conway area beats most any place i know for good eatting, that counts Lincoln NH where the meet up is too, but there are good places over there as well, just not as good as the east side of the Kanc IMO. The east side was into tourism many years when the Lincoln area was still just another logging town.

However in Ashland is my favorite of all places ever The 1st Common Man, north a little in Plymouth is another common man chain made from a old peg mill factory and is some wicked cool. It is possible to sit in the fire room where fire used to heat the steam boiler and eat. This place has rooms to rent a bar, several areas to consume foods, and is in part a museum of the area plus tooling photos of the place as a working peg mill. There is something like 30 places in NH to eat owned by the Common Man. The one in Ashland has a upstairs bar with nooks and crannies to suit. You can sit in a rustic setting and be served the orders of the day, and all of these are great, but unusual. A drink they have is part vodka part peppermint schnoppes and part white chocolate candy. This entire area has A-1 top notch scenery every where.

it seems to me i shouild get paid to say this..... why does that never happen?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #2

Haven't been to North Conway since I was a kid. Spend all of my time up on the 302 end up to Littleton when I'm up there. My next door neighbor rents a place in North Conway for 2 weeks every summer.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

I like Littleton too and Whitefield for that gun shop. I heard Harry Reid Dianne and assorted other anti gun poly tics went to that store recently. I wish I could have gone there that day. Must have been a scene worthy of payin 25 cents to see.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #4

Going to be passing through there in July. Going to the East coast of Canada. That whole area sure looks like it has some good roads looking at the map. I guess it's true what they say about motorcycling - getting where you are going is as much fun as being there. My wife and I are really looking forward to the trip.

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Old 04-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjob View Post
Going to be passing through there in July. Going to the East coast of Canada. That whole area sure looks like it has some good roads looking at the map. I guess it's true what they say about motorcycling - getting where you are going is as much fun as being there. My wife and I are really looking forward to the trip.
Huh? You are dropping south to pass thru N Conway NH to go to Nova Scotia? That will make a ride of life time. Both places are beautiful. If the plan is to ride Cape Bretton too which is a MUST DO, once you have crossed the causeway onto CB there is a rotary turn about. You will be coming from the south headed north when you enter that. Go 3/4ers the way around and exit west, so you do CB clockwise. This will keep the sun at your back 85% of the time. Here where i am has some of the best riding to be found in scenery a lot like CB, but we have far more great roads then they do there. If guns were easier than they are in Canada I would consider living on CB, maybe NS, but they are not. I am a hunters son and a hunter, and have always hunted so far back as i can recall. Dad used to take me before I can recall. In part i moved from the Soviet Republic of Mass to NH due to the draconian gun laws that came to be in Mass.

If you like pm me, and you can have my wife's cell. I am harder of hearing and the phone is no use to me. TC and Loafer have the number too and were instructed to give it to anyone one here that they know knows me. I have a enclosed trailer set up for Nomads and a 3/4er to van to pull it. I think i can fix a few things on Nomads to if I must.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #6

Robjob: if I can be of any assistance re: your trip east please do not hesitate to ask. Maybe we could meet up for a ride together.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #7

I'm trying to remember my exact route when I passed through that area. I'm pretty sure I rode through Conway.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmurphy View Post
Robjob: if I can be of any assistance re: your trip east please do not hesitate to ask. Maybe we could meet up for a ride together.
Ya thanks David. Still in the planning stages with the chief operating officer (the wife). She is much better at directions than I.

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Jared if you went for a ride with Bill, you probably did go through Conway.
I've been through a few times, never thought about stopping.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 04-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #10

I went to Laconia Bike Week a few times and went through Conway. I always travel Rt 2 from N.H. To Bangor Maine. It's the northern Rt.with good roads no tolls. However also the preferred road for RV's. Plan to take that same road to Lincoln. I always pick it up just outside of Bangor at Newport.its about 41/2 to 5 hour ride.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I'm trying to remember my exact route when I passed through that area. I'm pretty sure I rode through Conway.
The video you showed me was from Maine, Portland I think to Wakefield NH, thence to Rt 16 and Rt 25 to me where i saw/met you coming in to where i live. We went to Conway, but went on to Rt 112 the Kanc. Hween has some photos too that might help my alledged mind out. She says you are interested in knowing more about there you were too. We will try..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmurphy View Post
I went to Laconia Bike Week a few times and went through Conway. I always travel Rt 2 from N.H. To Bangor Maine. It's the northern Rt.with good roads no tolls. However also the preferred road for RV's. Plan to take that same road to Lincoln. I always pick it up just outside of Bangor at Newport.its about 41/2 to 5 hour ride.
I go the other way to NS Ain't banger some nasty bits of road eh? All that busted up is due to steam pipes under ground.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
The video you showed me was from Maine, Portland I think to Wakefield NH, thence to Rt 16 and Rt 25 to me where i saw/met you coming in to where i live. We went to Conway, but went on to Rt 112 the Kanc. Hween has some photos too that might help my alledged mind out. She says you are interested in knowing more about there you were too. We will try..
What was the name of the restaurant we went to? The was the best Lobster I've had in my life.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 04-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Gwyn says Lobster Trap on the West side of the River Road. We parked way out back there to get the bikes off the beaten path. I just don't recall everything was fast. You didn't have the time i wanted to take you around. This area is good for local sea food. So good that I have never had steak eating out in my life.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Lobster Trap, the prices seem high to me, but the food sounds delicious.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]