Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Decision made on second thoughts

I am having second thoughts on making this trip east. :-/ ??? :'(
I know there'll be people out there that will say "I knew he wouldn't come/ride all that way". Well I have a couple of reasons I'm rethinking this. One is the fact that I have something called shingles on my right arm. This is more than a rash and the pain can get excruciating. It seems to hurt through to the bone. I'm worried that it'll become to too much to ride,... somewhere along the way.
I was hoping the shingles would be gone, and it seemed to be doing just that. But yesterday and today it seems to be coming back a bit and my arm is hurting again.
My other reason is that I thought there would be someone from around me or on the way, that I'd be able to ride along with. It's always more enjoyable to have a partner in case of a breakdown, accident etc..I even thought I might be able to hook up with someone somewhere. This is tough decision to make. I have been planning and wanting to make the 2nd National for a whole year. Not to mention the new Vaquero I could win {and probably would} for coming the furthest distance. I have to decide real soon. I have vacations that would need to be canceled and I also need to cancel my room at the headquarter hotel.
So I'm putting a call out to whoever might be borderline on going to the rally that is living in the "real west side" of the continent. I'm in Langley BC Canada

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads