Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

PC 5 initial calibration

Hello all, new to the vulcan bagger forum and 2011 Vaquero. Just purchaced a PC 5 with ignition, priviously installed KN filter and V&H slipons and would like to know how PC owners calibrated the TPS without a dyno, The nearest dyno is 4 hours away (Live in the sticks of Texas- San Angelo).

thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #2

I doubt anyone has calibrated the TPS, I'd just install the PC with as close a map as you can find, (unless you have a custom) and you should be either spot on or very close.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foater View Post
Hello all, new to the vulcan bagger forum and 2011 Vaquero. Just purchaced a PC 5 with ignition, priviously installed KN filter and V&H slipons and would like to know how PC owners calibrated the TPS without a dyno, The nearest dyno is 4 hours away (Live in the sticks of Texas- San Angelo).

thanks
Go to Dynojet's website and find the model PCV you have and then go to software downloads. You will find the Dynojet map for your bike with the V&H pipes and stock air box. Use that map and you will have a pretty good generic map. To get it truly tuned correctly, you will have to get it a dyno'ed.

The Dynojet map will get you pretty close though for your setup. You have the same setup as I do only mine is on a Voyager. I plan to get a dyno run on my bike this spring once it warms up a bit.
VBA Member #02104
2013 HD 110th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #4

I was just reading the pc5 pamphlet in the box and the first item was tsp, speed and gear calibration. But loading a close map sounds good to me, just don't want to miss a step.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Yeah... Just follow the install directions which are pretty straight forward. Download the PCV software to your laptop if you have one (that will make it much easier). You can then download the map that I mentioned above to your desktop. Open the software and search for the saved map on your desktop. Select it and send it to the PCV module. Quick and painless. Dynojet's map they provide on their website actually performs pretty well. I have good performance across the powerband and very little decel popping using it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foater View Post
I was just reading the pc5 pamphlet in the box and the first item was tsp, speed and gear calibration. But loading a close map sounds good to me, just don't want to miss a step.
VBA Member #02104
2013 HD 110th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #6

Thanks all, I guess I was just stressing over nothing. I originally tried out a Wiseco fuel processor and it needed alot of tweaking, way more than advertised for my experience level. Should of went with the PC5 first and saved 200 bucks.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #7

The PCV comes with the throttle position,speed and gear calibration already pre set.The only one you may have to play with is throttle position sometime down the road and its fairly easy to do.The menus have instructions for that and other adjustments.The dynojet maps avaliable for the PCV with ignition work well but there is a lot more performance avaliable with tweeking,especially on the ignition side.