Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #1

Did I Miss the Funerals ?

I haven't seen hardly any posts from you guys. Everybody ok? I know Maggie Valley is around the corner, but I had a fear that y'all might have gone to the great Kawanow in the sky . Jim, Bobby, Jamie, Greg ( sas)y'all still there ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Don't know about those Mississippi and Louisiana guys but I'm still around Frank. How is everything going? There is going to be a meet and greet down at Clanton, AL Saturday the 16th. It is at the Country Kitchen. Several of us plan on being there. Be nice if you could ride that big ole Goldwing over.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #3

I still here Frank just been busier than a cat covering up sh** oh well you get the picture

Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #4

Well good to hear you two old coots are still alive and well . LOL . Gene, where abouts is Canton ?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #5

Still here. It's racing season so I'm strung out getting my sons car ready. I did get in my wide white wall Dunlops but just need time to mount them. I may have plenty of time to work on stuff if the govenment doesn't pay the military.
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #6

Hey, Bobby. Good to hear you are going strong. I'll bet those new whitewalls are going to look real nice when you get them on. Those eggheads in Washington are a trip aren't they ? They still don't get that they serve the people, not the other way around. Hope we can all get together some this summer. I enjoy those trips.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #7

I'm still here. Just got back from Utah a week ago, and getting things ready for a trip to Salem, Missouri in a couple of weeks.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Frank, Clanton is about mid-way between Birmingham and Montgomery just off of I-65. It is a rather small town with between 7 and 8 thousand people.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Frank see the thread Date Set For Meet and Greet.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #10

Thanks, Alabama Gene.
wanderer Gene, you see what you did to me. I got my Goldwing. I shouldn't have seen yours . LOL . Seriously, you were right, it's a great bike. Smooth ride, and very comfortable.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #11

All of us norhterner's have been busy also. Rick is installing fairings on his Nomad and Teresa's 900 (mini Nomad). We are still working on the youngest son's house, ( installed a new garage door last Thursday ) had a garage sale last Saturday ( made about $1200.00 ) and I had a large sis cut out of my right hand last Monday. Now planning a 1 year old birthday party for the Granddaughter next Saturday and then get ready for the Rally in Salem. We have only got about 4 hours of riding time in this spring and now the grass is going wild.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #12

Wow, watchman. Sounds like you have had and do have a full plate ! Everybody seems like they are getting things out of the way so they can break loose and ride this summer. Well, I was just checking. Glad to hear everyone is ok and busy.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #13

I'm still here. After three years of being a 24/7/365 GWRRA District Director, I'm taking some time off to play golf again. BP and I ride as often as we can over to Natchez, the Gulf Coast or to just some unknown destination that always turns out great. We'll find a mom 'n pop and pig out and then bitch about over-eating all the way home. Our next what I guess you could call a "long one day trip" will be to Eureka Springs (600 + miles) for the Kawasaki Vulcan Riders Forum annual Spring Fling in May. I hate to miss the Meet and Greet in Clanton, which would be an over nighter for me ,but the wallet says I gotta save for some other things on the agenda. If anyone in the area is up for another ride like we had to Vicksburg or down to Bay St. Louis, or anywhere else in the vicinity, just holler!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman
All of us norhterner's have been busy also. Rick is installing fairings on his Nomad and Teresa's 900 (mini Nomad). We are still working on the youngest son's house, ( installed a new garage door last Thursday ) had a garage sale last Saturday ( made about $1200.00 ) and I had a large sis cut out of my right hand last Monday. Now planning a 1 year old birthday party for the Granddaughter next Saturday and then get ready for the Rally in Salem. We have only got about 4 hours of riding time in this spring and now the grass is going wild.
Jim, Did you push back the dates for the rally? When I looked at the scheduled dates I was sure it was this week. I didn't plan on attending because I'm in the Houston area all of this week. I must be losing my mind. ???

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #15

@ sas. I may be riding up to Natchez this Saturday. Supposed to be great weather. Sunny and cooler. Temps in the mid 70's. Been wanting to check out this place " Pig Out Bar B Q ". Can't eat any baked beans. I'd keep fogging up the wife's face shield. May have to bring Beano.
I just joined the GWRRA. I've been invited to our local chapter meeting this Wednesday evening. Just received my pin, patch, and Gold book, along with my card. Guess it would be smart to stay away from the baked beans at this meeting too. Wanna make a good impression, you know. Don't want to blow the part out of anyone's hair.