Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #1

Under The Weather

I have to apologize. My wife, Connie, and I really were planning to go to Eureka Springs, but I had a set back. I have been fighting Sciatic nerve problems for the last month. It got to the point that I could not get out of bed on my own, my legs were numb, and the pain was intense. Sleeping an entire night, or even walking, was way out of the question. I am a lot better now, I still have some discomfort, but light years better than a week ago. I'm gonna try to go for a short ride today after work. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, I hadn't forgotten you guys, and hope we can do some riding together this summer. Sorry I missed all the fun.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #2

Under The Weather

Sorry you aren't feeling well Frank and we wish you and Connie could have made it to the rally. I thought about you guys on the way up and during our stay in ES. I remembered you saying that you were going to try and make it up there. I hope your improvement continues and we will get together for another ride soon. I've already got enough of summer and it just started. Take care and let's keep in touch.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #3

Under The Weather

Thanks for your good wishes, Mitch. I sure wish we could have made it. I'm with you. I have had enough of summer. Hopefully, I'll be riding soon. I shoot you a line, and maybe we can link up.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #4

Under The Weather

Frank I am so sorry to about your trouble but believe me I know what you are going through after 2 years and 2 operation I gave up on the doctors and just keep going but there are many days that I can't get out of bed by my self and most days Bea has to help me get my shoes on but take heart it will get better or maybe we just think we are getting better. Sure hate that you missed the rally but there will be other rides and other rally. Bea and I will keep you in our prayers. Your friend Jim

Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #5

Under The Weather

Thanks, Jim. I'm real sorry that I missed ya'll as well. Thanks for your kind words and support. I am determined not to let this lick me. Weather permitting, I'm gonna try a ride today.

Frank

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
VBA Founder

Under The Weather

I wondered where you were Painless.....but I knew there had to be a good reason. Get better.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #7

Under The Weather

Thanks, Trip. I am feeling much better. Still not quite there yet, but light years better than last week.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #8

Under The Weather

Hope you don't have to change your name.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #9

Under The Weather

Yeah, skeeter, that would be a real bummer. I did manage to go for a short , 20 mile or so , ride yesterday before the all day monsoon. I am still having problems standing for long periods, but I felt real good on the bike. No problems while riding. I think the vibration of the bike was therapeutic. I don't know what the hell got me in this fix, but I'm ready for it to end. Two weeks is long enough.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #10

Under The Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankerfrank
Yeah, skeeter, that would be a real bummer. I did manage to go for a short , 20 mile or so , ride yesterday before the all day monsoon. I am still having problems standing for long periods, but I felt real good on the bike. No problems while riding. I think the vibration of the bike was therapeutic. I don't know what the hell got me in this fix, but I'm ready for it to end. Two weeks is long enough.
My dentist always sits on a little roll around stool when he's punishing me. If you are comfortable on the Nomad, just have someone roll it into the treatment room so you can sit on it while you work. Your assistant has to get a picture of that for us to post on here.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #11

Under The Weather

Thanks, Mitch. Great suggestion. I might have to try that.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #12

Under The Weather

Now that I think about it, Mitch. Home Depot or Lowes has a stool with a motorcycle seat on it. Cool looking. Might give it a try.