Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-08-2007, 02:18 AM   #1

Nomad colors that you would like to see

I really like the color of my nad but it seems like Kawasaki is afraid to get a little bold with it's paint colors. Besides the awesome solid black all other colors are two toned. I think mine would look better all Candy cardinal red. How about all illusion blue or pearl purple or maybe a nice bright lime green. One of the members on here painted his Nomad, corvette yellow which looks very striking. Dave

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-08-2007, 03:32 AM   #2

I agree Dave. Maybe MaKaw will wake up before I'm ready for my next bike. Solid Candy Cardinal Red would look great. Some of our bretheren claim their color bikes are the fastest (and we could probably never convince them otherwise), but ours are definitely the hottest rides on the road.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #3

Quote:
I agree Dave. Maybe MaKaw will wake up before I'm ready for my next bike. Solid Candy Cardinal Red would look great. Some of our bretheren claim their color bikes are the fastest (and we could probably never convince them otherwise), but ours are definitely the hottest rides on the road.

Or maybe a close 2nd!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
Advanced Member

+1.

Perhaps some "custom" options (like HD and Honda have) such as: Old Skool flat black, flame jobs (ghost flames and tradional style), candy and pearl paints; maybe some yellows and oranges as mentioned previously also.

Kawi has done an admirable job thus far in staying "middle of the road" for the classic colors and design of this style bike. Now, it's time for them to branch out a bit and keep in tune with what the market niche is looking for and interested in. Probably wouldn't hurt sales of the bike either, IMHO. Thankfully, they don't release the bike in one color/yr as they do with the Concourse.

For now, all black suits me just fine as it is what I've always wanted. Plus, it's the fastest color as we all know... ;)

So how do we contact Kawi and drop a subtle hint about branching out with their color schemes???

DS

Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #5

The 99 green wasn't bad , but you would think that a company as big as Kawasaki would have a little more imagination. I'd like to see candy apple or go back to the beige or a teal . Just give us a choice. Yeah, black is cool, but a pain in the a$$ to keep clean.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

I think the 1999 colors were among the best, Green/Green and red/red. The 2002 black/red was nice and the 2004 blue/silver was nice too, but the green/green is a pretty bike. http://www.rolfshemsida.se/blandade%...er/ready14.jpg

A V2K, but it still looks nice.

Quote:
I really like the color of my nad but it seems like Kawasaki is afraid to get a little bold with it's paint colors. Besides the awesome solid black all other colors are two toned. I think mine would look better all Candy cardinal red. How about all illusion blue or pearl purple or maybe a nice bright lime green. One of the members on here painted his Nomad, corvette yellow which looks very striking. Dave
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
Sr. Contributor

How about the red on the 1999 Drifter? That Indian blood red. That might be cool.

Quote:
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
VBA Founder

I've always been a black & chrome kinda guy when it came to bike colors, but I'm starting to really like red. I agree tho.....Kawa needs to get a little more open minded about colors and make a Nomad with a solid red, maroon, or purple instead of two-tone.

Now, if Kawa made a solid red or promigranite Nomad with all the accessories.....Batwing fairing, electronics, trunk, etc.....I'd buy one right now.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #9

promigranite ???????????????

I'd like to see a real pretty shade of metalic pearl purple. But not a solid color it would have to be two tone. Either with black or white or even the silver.
Mine will look like that when I decide to get it painted.
Purple and black
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #10

Put me in the boring conservative camp. I love the two tones, and have never seen a solid color Nomad that looked as good as the two tones.

I liked my 99 red two tone, but I know that the green/green 99 probably gets talked about the most over the years. I had the choice of either, went with the red.

I also had a black and silver, and now have a green and silver. Loved the black and silver, not as hot on the green and silver, wish it was black and silver.

Here's a picture of a Camaro that I owned and had painted. No flames and fancy candie colors, just about my taste in bikes too.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #11

I have a Kawasaki Cruiser Accessories catalog that lists a number of custom tanks and fenders. They even have some available in a base coat that are ready to paint however you wish .

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 12-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #12

I think an all white one would be good. I saw a cream and light brown one for sale on ebay and thought that would be a good color to have. The darks are great but does take more time to clean up. I also agree with Trip, if a Nomad came out with all the extras, I would trade up tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #13

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I'm kinda partial to the yellow. Loved the Yellow Gold Wings. I think a solid White Nomad would look great too.
Ride safe,
Dano

Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
VBA Founder

Quote:
promigranite ???????????????

I'd like to see a real pretty shade of metalic pearl purple. But not a solid color it would have to be two tone. Either with black or white or even the silver.
Mine will look like that when I decide to get it painted.
Purple and black
The prmoigranite color I refer to topcat is the red color like what lw and Nomadwest have. I call it promigranite, but Kawa calls it something else...it's kind of a pinker red, not a red, red. I like the color tho.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
VBA Founder

Quote:
Put me in the boring conservative camp. I love the two tones, and have never seen a solid color Nomad that looked as good as the two tones.

I liked my 99 red two tone, but I know that the green/green 99 probably gets talked about the most over the years. I had the choice of either, went with the red.

I also had a black and silver, and now have a green and silver. Loved the black and silver, not as hot on the green and silver, wish it was black and silver.

Here's a picture of a Camaro that I owned and had painted. No flames and fancy candie colors, just about my taste in bikes too.
Love that Camaro, Dan. When I was in high school, I would have given my left and right nut for a 1969 Chevell SS 396 in that same color scheme.
Trip's Website