Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Top Contributor

TUESDAY Rally Ride Poll

Below is a description from a previous post of the group rides we have planned. Just for preliminary planning purposes, please indicate which ride you are most likely to take on Tuesday. NOT ASKING FOR A TOTAL COMMITMENT.....just a 'probably' so I can plan the fuel and food stops, group leaders and tailgunners, as well as get an idea of the numbers in case we need to break off into a couple smaller groups.

Keep in mind that we will have the Deals Gap ride on Thursday also.

Thanks in advance...this will make the planning a little easier.

You can click on the Feb 28 date just below if you want to see the original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)

Tuesday we will have two organized rides to chose from. Depending on numbers, we may even break out into smaller groups.
One to Deal's Gap (the Tail of the Dragon) then back through Tennessee toward Gatlinburg and back over the Smoky Mtns to Maggie. ( http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...6,1.755066&z=9 ) I don't plan to have anyone lead a ride through the actual "Dragon" itself, but the organized ride will take you to the store and motel at the bottom and then meet on the other side after a designated amount of time so everyone can run at their own pace and some may want to go up and down a couple times. The ride will then continue back to towards Maggie Valley as a group.
The other organized ride Tuesday will be to Mt. Mitchell State Park (Highest peak east of the Mississippi) along about 100 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway with smooth pavement, no stopsigns or intersections and tons of overlooks and views of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. ( http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.877533&z=10 ) Each is around 200 round trip miles give or take. I plan to have fuel and lunch/break stops built in but just have not ID'd those yet.
No organized dinner but let's plan to gather by the TikiBar for the evening after everyone grabs some dinner.

Wednesday, there will be no organized rides. Everyone is welcomed to go explore on their own, rest up, or do whatever they want. I will be getting area info out ASAP about shopping, tourist spots, etc. I would recommend the Great Smoky Moutain Railway if you like old steam powered trains. There is also whitewater rafting, lots of sites, and of course, lots of nice roads.
Kawasaki Corp will have their demo trailer available for rides and demos set up in the parking lot at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conf Center on Wednesday. We are also planning to do a swap meet on Wednesday. More details to follow on that, but if you have some things to bring, start collecting them...plenty of Nomad and Motorcycle customers will be available.
No organized dinner but again, there is the TikiBar and the hotel grounds for us all the mingle after grabbing some dinner on your own or with a group.

Thursday, we will have two organized ride options again. I plan to have the ride to Deal's Gap (see map link above for Deals) again because that seems to be the most poplular so we will have 2 options to choose from as far as days.
The other option will be what I call " The Waterfall Ride". It is through several areas where there are waterfalls to see (4-5 major ones) and some great motorcycle roads. We will use a small part of the Blue Ridge Parkway again also just because it never looks the same twice and it is just such a great motorcycle road with no stop signs to get us separated. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...3&ie=UTF8&z=10

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads