Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 02-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Let Me Just Say....

I have been enjoying the games E. and I've seen a lot on the T.V..
I posted a while back on how I am not and never have been a fan of Vancouver hosting the games. leadbelly and I had a .....discussion" about the subject. I just don't feel we could afford it, as a Province.....during these times. I won't get into all of that because I've said it all before. Having said that though, I enjoy sports,... playing them & watching them. But my feelings on us hosting them hasn't stopped me from watching them,.... and no! I don't feel like it makes me a hypocrite because I watch the games on TV. I'm not against the Olympic games, it's just the money it costs the Province and the people. And I DIDN"T get a vote. I haven't and won't take part in the events downtown, at Whistler, or Cyprus Mt. or wherever they take place though. But to answer your questions, Yes I am happy with our athletes results. I think as of tonight we have one more gold than the US of A and they have an overall first place standing. So we're amongst some real talent.
Now I hope the Canadian hockey team takes the last game and wins gold there.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #17

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
bring on the Slovakians,...... I bet the US team has "sh*te" running down their legs about now.

"I'm just say'in".....Kris. ;)

Sure looks like US Men's Hockey Team has had an easy go of it. ;)
Did I miss something? ???

Them Canadian Girls sure are a tough bunch though.

Jes Sayin...........Eh!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

Okay.....your dream match is happening. I think it was a shock when the US won the last game with Canada. It would be more convincing if they do it Sunday for the gold... ! The US has nothing to lose....so I think they'll give you guys a good game. If you boys lose this one.... ....there won't be enough Molson's in all the Provinces to drown that disappointment.... . Good luck to both teams! I am doing an umpire clinic this weekend so I won't get to watch... :-/.

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 02-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #19
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Okay.....your dream match is happening. I think it was a shock when the US won the last game with Canada. It would be more convincing if they do it Sunday for the gold... ! The US has nothing to lose....so I think they'll give you guys a good game. If you boys lose this one.... ....there won't be enough Molson's in all the Provinces to drown that disappointment.... . Good luck to both teams! I am doing an umpire clinic this weekend so I won't get to watch... :-/.
I was shocked. No doubt this will be a great game. Two good teams. And you're right about the amt. of brew that will drown the disappointment if we loose. My only hope is that "Lou" has it together and doesn't do his flailing around when he gets a couple of soft shots. He always seems to bring so much drama into the game.
It might be good to start Brodeur tomorrow/today.

Hey too bad the Norweigens loss to Canada in the curling Kris. Kevin Martin's team is something else.

Good luck tomorrow to all you US supporters.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #20
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

[quote=Ole Dawg]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "rickyboy ... #00722":no0em4j1
bring on the Slovakians,...... I bet the US team has "sh*te" running down their legs about now.

"I'm just say'in".....Kris. ;)

Them Canadian Girls sure are a tough bunch though.

Jes Sayin...........Eh!
[/quote:no0em4j1]

What was it that made you think that?? Maybe the beer and cigars on the ice after the game when everyone had gone home??
Way to go girls. ;)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #21

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
I posted a while back on how I am not and never have been a fan of Vancouver hosting the games. leadbelly and I had a .....discussion" about the subject. I just don't feel we could afford it, as a Province.....during these times. I won't get into all of that because I've said it all before. Having said that though, I enjoy sports,... playing them & watching them. But my feelings on us hosting them hasn't stopped me from watching them,.... and no! I don't feel like it makes me a hypocrite because I watch the games on TV. I'm not against the Olympic games, it's just the money it costs the Province and the people. And I DIDN"T get a vote. I haven't and won't take part in the events downtown, at Whistler, or Cyprus Mt. or wherever they take place though. But to answer your questions, Yes I am happy with our athletes results. I think as of tonight we have one more gold than the US of A and they have an overall first place standing. So we're amongst some real talent.
Now I hope the Canadian hockey team takes the last game and wins gold there.
Rick, I read your commentary on the Games. Quite frankly, I share the same opinions but decided not to take too strong a position on this one because it is a huge thing and it is International and the young generation might benefit from it some day. For many, it is a once-in-a-life-time thing. Also, I hear foreign media have been impressed with everything Canada, Vancouver, Games, etc.

Back to fun stuff, I'm really pleased to see the medals line-up. Although in the third place, we lead in gold with 13 medals. That's huge to me.

Go Canada Go!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

Congrats to you guys on the Gold Medal win...! What a game! I only saw the last goal that won it for Canada. What a way for it to end....sudden death overtime ! I figured it would be a good game and from the sounds of it, it could not have been any better...except maybe if WE had won.... ;)!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

WHAT A GAME !!!! I was on the edge of my seat for sure. When the US got the tying goal I almost crapped my drawers..... and cried like a little girlie. I said almost ! It was nice to see "Sid the Kid" get the "golden goal." It was nice to win gold in "our game."

The medal count was great and I think we should all be very proud of the athletes.
There was a lot of comments about what these games did for our country and it's people. We might have lost a bit of our humbleness in it all.
And that might not be bad thing.
Thanks for the congrats on "The Game"

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #24
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
WHAT A GAME !!!! I was on the edge of my seat for sure. When the US got the tying goal I almost crapped my drawers..... and cried like a little girlie. I said almost ! It was nice to see "Sid the Kid" get the "golden goal." It was nice to win gold in "our game."

The medal count was great and I think we should all be very proud of the athletes.
There was a lot of comments about what these games did for our country and it's people. We might have lost a bit of our humbleness in it all.
And that might not be bad thing.
Thanks for the congrats on "The Game"
I was kind of hoping for the "Miracle on Ice II"....the 2010 version!

Canada should be proud of the job they did hosting the Winter Olympics. I think they were a huge success all the way around, aside from that luge dude that died....what a tragedy that was.

Have a couple pints on me fellas...and hopefully we will see you before too long!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #25
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

A couple of pints on you???? Alllll righty then!! Thanks Kris ..... but I'll wait till we can sit down together and enjoy that.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #26

Let Me Just Say....

Congratulations are in order to everyone in British Columbia, for doing such a fine job in playing host to the world these last 17 days.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #27

Let Me Just Say....

Winning that hockey game was the icing on the cake for sure. I just about had a stroke when the US tied the game in the last 24 seconds. It was well played by both teams.
Im sure it cost the province plenty to host the games, and Im sure a few people came out with their pockets well lined.
Im glad that they were not here in Ontario, Im sure the traffic and other disruptions are a royal pita for a few weeks.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #28

Let Me Just Say....

Hello All,

I'm really pleased with the results. As far as the number of gold medals, we are #1 and I think that's a record in the Winter Games.

Now I wonder:

How much did the Games cost and how long will it take to pay for it?

How is the new road from Squamish to Whistler?

I rode up to Squamish a couple of times last year and it is really good. Guess, will find out the answers sooner than later.

Elvis

Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #29
Top Contributor

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Hello All,

I'm really pleased with the results. As far as the number of gold medals, we are #1 and I think that's a record in the Winter Games.

Now I wonder:

How much did the Games cost and how long will it take to pay for it?

How is the new road from Squamish to Whistler?

I rode up to Squamish a couple of times last year and it is really good. Guess, will find out the answers sooner than later.

Elvis

Oh boy ! here we go again.
The short answer E, is my grand kids won't pay it off. Security bill is apparently a wopping 800 mil...mill.....milli....million ! The road to Whistler that had to be improved was made into a single lane road for the games. What was the reason to improve the road and widen it???
That's all .... I've said it all before.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #30

Let Me Just Say....

Maybe it won't seem like such an expendature when they tally up the money that came in. Although I dought, as sucessful as these Olympics were, that they even came remotely close to break even.
And I'm not 100% sure about this but was some of the expense not shared by the Fedral Gov. and ALL Canadians?
Let's face it when was the last time the Gov. got involved in a money making venture?
All Govment spending is money down the tubes eventually, some of it just makes more sense depending on your perspective at the time.