Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #16

If you are no longer a Nomad/Voyager owner...

I am sure it comes to keeping this site dedicated for what type of bike it was designed for. And that is the way it should be. It has nothing to do with who can come and partake on what this site offers. He asked a simple request and as such we should respect it.

Mapleman, if you stick that sticker on you best get your toolbox ready. :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #17

Guess this applies to me...

PM sent.

I traded my '04 Nomad on a 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300 about 2 mos ago.

Bruce

Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
What if i put a Harley Sticker on my Nomad

(fat chance of that)
Then you'd be changed to "Enlightened!"

Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 AM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

I joined this site because it seemed to be for Nomad owners and riders and that is me. As for a Venture being a Nomad with a fairing then a Vulcan 1600 Classic is a Nomad minus the saddlebags. As long as you own a Kawasaki Vulcan I think you should be allowed to join but if you don't own a Nomad it should not be as an active member. Just my thoughts guys.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 09-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #20

So let me see if I've got this straight ... The Voyager and the Nomad are the same bike except for the extras on the Voyager and of course the name ... But share the same engine, bags and many other common parts. Yet if I buy a Voyager I must go from an active member to something called an "Enthusiast"? ... Sort of a second class poster.

My Nomad had over 70,000 miles on her when she was totaled on August 1st in Tennessee. So it was kind of not my idea to terminate the bike ownership or my trip at only 2 months into a 5 month trip. To replace my Nomad, the Voyager looks to be the front runner. I would go for a 1700 Nomad ... But the 1700 Nomad isn't a real Nomad to me. It's a nice bike ... a cool Kawasaki ... But it just ain't a Nomad. The bags are all wrong and it don't sit or feel like any Nomad I know ... Sort of like the Mustang 2 was never a real Mustang. But the Voyager fits and sits just a bit differently. If you ask this old Nomad rider of thousands of miles, the Voyager is more Nomad than the new Nomad ... So no, when my injuries are healed and I get the replacement bike for my lost Nomad ... I'll no be an enthusiast ...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 AM   #21
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Sorry, doesn't apply to Voyager owners (unless you joined KawaNOW owning a Nomad and switched to a Voyager)....only those that are KawaNOW members that once had a Nomad and now own another brand of motorcycle.
Doesn't really matter, but you lost me there Trip. So you are saying that if you buy a Voyager and never owned a Nomad you are "Active" but if you buy a Voyager to replace your Nomad, then you are an enthusiast? Odd concept. What if you sell your Nomad, own something else, then buy a Voyager. Would that make you active again?
I didn't know this would confuse anyone so here is a thorough explanation....

KawaNOW is for all Nomad and Voyager owners. When anyone becomes a member of KawaNOW, they are labeled as
a). a "member", meaning they own a Nomad or Voyager
b). an "enthusiast", meaning they don't currently own a Nomad or Voyager.

An "Enthusiast" (as defined on the KawaNOW website) is a person that
a). has owned a Voyager or Nomad and doesn't own one anymore
b). will possibly own a Voyager or Nomad in the near future
c). or is a person interested in Voyagers or Nomads
This person can become a member of KawaNOW and be issued a number, but is labeled as an "Enthusiast".

To keep my records straight, if anyone became a member of KawaNOW and owned a Nomad or Voyager but now owns another brand of motorcycle and no longer owns a Nomad or Voyager, then I need to mark them as an "Enthusiast".

If they became a member and owned a Nomad and since have gotten a Voyager, I need to change their record from "Nomad" to "Voyager".

If they became a member and owned a Voyager and have since gotten a Nomad, I need to change their record from "Voyager" to "Nomad".

If they have purchased any other motorcycle but still own a Nomad or Voyager, no change is needed.

Also.....if a person became a member of KawaNOW as an "Enthusiast" and now owns a Nomad or Voyager, I need them to PM me so I can correct my records.

Just trying to keep my records up to date...Hope this helps...

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to trevwales

That was a good explanation, that shows what your thinking was. Reckon I ain't an enthusiast any more as had nomad and now have voyager. So I must be a voyager.

Emu, reckon you will be a 'voyager' too! If you get one that is...... And get well soon!

5 month trip! Hmmm

Trev

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwales
Emu, reckon you will be a 'voyager' too! If you get one that is...... And get well soon!

5 month trip! Hmmm

Trev
Did a 4 and a half month trip from coast to coast last year ... Cut it a little short because of high gas prices.