Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
VBA Founder

FYI... I'm still alive... barely.

Hi Guys,
Since my layoff from my 17 years as Webmaster for a health system, alot has happened. Many of you have included me in your prayers... for that, I am eternally thankful.

I thought I'd update everyone on my situation...I am happy to report that I have secured another job in the Tyler, Texas area. Beginning May 13th, I will be working as a Programmer Analyst with the University of Texas at Tyler. I'm excited and looking forward to becoming a part of the IT team at UT Tyler.

Anyone that has changed jobs in the past also knows that with any change comes some negatives. I will need to give myself at least 6 months on the job to build up any PTO. So, I won't be able to attend anything this year... if I attend anything, it will have to be on a weekend only. I'm going to try and get some weekend rides in this year, but I'm not expecting to take any significant time off until next Spring.

Also, as many know, tomorrow (May 1st) is the day that Jared officially takes over the VBA. Please join me in congratulating Jared. Please give him the respect and support that you've given me for the last 6 years. I have all the confidence in Jared and his ability to manage the VBA in a fair and forward-thinking manner.

I will be around the forum from time-to-time. I will be busy for a while learning and adjusting to a new job as well as selling my house and moving. I wish everyone only the best.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by trip; 04-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #2

Trip, great news and thanks for the update. Good luck with the new job, it's always worrying and exciting to make major changes in life.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #3

Trip, glad to hear the news. Hope all continues to go well for you and family. I, too, recently had to deal with a lay-off in the family. My wife worked in the health care business on the administrative side and she was let go 3 weeks ago. Keep in touch and ride safe.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #4

Trip. Glad to hear you found a new job. Good luck.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Let me congratulate you Trip, on the new job. I'm happy that things are indeed getting better as you move forward. Thanks once again for your foresight to put this "whole thing" together and giving all of us a place to learn, chat and find a place where there can be some deep rooted camaraderie with people of the same interest.
I have no doubt that Jared will do a fine job, as he has already shown, as President of Vulcan Baggers Assoc.. Once again, my congrats. to you Jared.

I hope you find the time soon to do what we know you like to do Trip, and that's get out on your Nomad with your "better half" and enjoy the open road. My best regards.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #6

Wow, Trip in IT at UT Tyler ... that's a lot of "T"s!

Sorry, couldn't resist. As a fellow IT guy, I know how nerve-racking it can be. So many places now want one-year contracts, so there is no security. I've got three months left on mine, all I can do is hope for renewal. Sounds like you landed a good position in what will certainly be a stable position. Best of luck to you, we'll see you back on the road in no time!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #7

Congratulations! I wish you all the best in you new endeavor. I hope your move goes smoothly.

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium

Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
On another note to the members:

Like Trip stated Jared is going to be the Grand Pooba here. He will need a lot of help and input from lots of the new members. Most of us old guards have moved on and the future of the VBA is in the hands of future and current kawasaki owners. Step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns!

Give Jared your best! He's taking over in a transitional time for VBA. He will need your help and support to move forward. Don't let aggravation with members lead you to complaining. He has his work cut out for him and doesn't need that. Us old guards are slowly stepping aside with other bikes, projects and hobbies. We'll keep peeking in to see how everyone's doing and getting excited about the rallys.

Please attend the official swearing in tomorrow.............

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Last edited by blowndodge; 04-30-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #9

[QUOTE=blowndodge;506843]On another note to the members:

Like Trip stated Jared is going to be the Grand Pooba here. He will need a lot of help and input from lots of the new members. Most of us old guards have moved on and the future of the VBA is in the hands of future and current kawasaki owners. Step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns!

Give Jared your best! He's taking over in a transitional time for VBA. He will need your help and support to move forward. Don't let aggravation with members lead you to complaining. He has his work cut out for him and doesn't need that. Us old guards are slowly stepping aside with other bikes, projects and hobbies. We'll keep peaking in to see how everyone's doing and getting excited about the rallys.

Please attend the official swearing in tomorrow............. [/QUOTE]

Will there be cake???

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
Mega-Contributor

That's good news, Trip. Congratulations on finding a new job. It's too bad you won't be able to attend the National Rally, but putting food on the table and keeping a roof over your head is much more important.

Tomorrow Jared steps into the fire. I wish him all he best in his new position of leadership for the VBA!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #11

Well trip I'm sure you have been on quite a rollercoaster ride of disappointments and hopes since losing your job, but it does sound like you now have some positive news. I'm sure you still have a lot ahead of you in terms of adjustments, moving etc, but I do hope that sometime in the not too distant future, you look back on this and be able to say in the end it was a good thing.

Jared, I wish you all the best in your new official role. May I suggest forget the free cake, nothing persuades people over to your way of thinking more than free alcohol!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #12

Glad to hear you are gainfully employed again!

Hope to catch you again sometime down the road.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Hi Guys,
Since my layoff from my 17 years as Webmaster for a health system, alot has happened. Many of you have included me in your prayers... for that, I am eternally thankful.

I thought I'd update everyone on my situation...I am happy to report that I have secured another job in the Tyler, Texas area. Beginning May 13th, I will be working as a Programmer Analyst with the University of Texas at Tyler. I'm excited and looking forward to becoming a part of the IT team at UT Tyler.

Anyone that has changed jobs in the past also knows that with any change comes some negatives. I will need to give myself at least 6 months on the job to build up any PTO. So, I won't be able to attend anything this year... if I attend anything, it will have to be on a weekend only. I'm going to try and get some weekend rides in this year, but I'm not expecting to take any significant time off until next Spring.

Also, as many know, tomorrow (May 1st) is the day that Jared officially takes over the VBA. Please join me in congratulating Jared. Please give him the respect and support that you've given me for the last 6 years. I have all the confidence in Jared and his ability to manage the VBA in a fair and forward-thinking manner.

I will be around the forum from time-to-time. I will be busy for a while learning and adjusting to a new job as well as selling my house and moving. I wish everyone only the best.

Trip
We gave respect and support? Wow, is that how you sold Jared on the job? Kids...they will buy anything

Seriously .....congrats to Trip in your new job. I changed careers late in life and know that it can be stressful.

Jared....congrats on your new job as well. You have a much larger pool of talent to choose your cabinet from than Trip did. That is a good thing. As you know Trip was really scraping the bottom when he hired BD and Kris

You can imagine how shallow the gene pool was when Kris hired me!

There are many great guys on this site and I am sure they will be actively participating. It is fun to help keep the herd organized and happy.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #14

Good for you Trip and thanks for the update.

Ray
Minnesota
2010-1700-Nomad
VBA#01525

Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #15

Congrats on the new position Trip.

Jared and all the new moderators, good luck.

The old guys will still be around to help the young bucks in the transitional stage.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD