Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #1

Singing out about Ultimate Baffles

Received them today in mail while at work. Wife informed me they were here(She does that on purpose cause she knows I'll start drooling). Got home and as soon as wife had left for work... I went to work. Out with the old and in with the new, But not so fast! First I took the pin out and put some anti seize on the ends of pin and the retaining screw. I also put some anti seize on the screws holding the back plate on. Then put anti seize on outside of baffle and slid them in. Went in very easy, lined up screws and tighten them down.
Now for the fun part...started her up and "my o my" what a sweet sound. Took her to get some gas. Some fellow riding group members were there and said bike sounds real good. I'm pleased with them. tomorrow is the big test... take wife for a ride(if it ain't raining) see what she says about them.
Jeff I can't thank you enough for taking the plans and having them produced. Thanks Dxdixie for the use of the loaners.
Everyone else that are awaiting theirs, I believe you will like them, Paul.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #2

These baffles are awsome aren't they. I feel for those that missed out, they sound great. I don't know if I now have a heavier wrist because they are so great but seems I take off faster. I didn't use the anti seize since I don't plan on removing them.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Wise thing to add anti seize, and whether or not you plan to ever remove them. This part(s) lives in a acid enviroment always wet.

I haven't really followed the threads, so am not sure what the alloy is, but if it is an aluminum alloy, antiseize will help alot for long life, with both the steel V&H baggers and the alloy parts.

Galvanic action IS going to take place, and on occasions it might even be required to clean both parts.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #4

Yes they are made of aluminum. I remembered you saying to use anti seize on different metals. My rear tire is almost worn out and bike has 6750 miles on it. When I do put a ct on I will be doing the swing arm and drive shaft service. Also will grease everything and anything else that needs it.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #5

Glad your all pleased so far. The Aluminum is grade 6061.
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Well I received my UB only two days after jeff mailed them. I installed mine this evening but too big of a hurry to put anti-seize but will Sunday. When I fired her up WOW!! A totally different sound for sure. Much hollower sound but deep(Harley like), she sat there lopping well warming up for 5 minutes and thats as close to a harley sound you will ever get out of a metric bike. Rode her around the sub-division a couple times and blasted through a few gears near full throttle. She sounds great at deceleration too, no popping just nice deep roar.

I couldnt have been happier with the UB. I want to thank the two inventors of them. Also much thanks to Jeff for mass producing these for all to benefit from. And even a kudo out to netnorske who kept me thinking this MIGHT work. They also look real sharp and quality work.

Dennis

Old 08-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc (Lonewolf)
Well I received my UB only two days after jeff mailed them. I installed mine this evening but too big of a hurry to put anti-seize but will Sunday. When I fired her up WOW!! A totally different sound for sure. Much hollower sound but deep(Harley like), she sat there lopping well warming up for 5 minutes and thats as close to a harley sound you will ever get out of a metric bike. Rode her around the sub-division a couple times and blasted through a few gears near full throttle. She sounds great at deceleration too, no popping just nice deep roar.

I couldnt have been happier with the UB. I want to thank the two inventors of them. Also much thanks to Jeff for mass producing these for all to benefit from. And even a kudo out to netnorske who kept me thinking this MIGHT work. They also look real sharp and quality work.

Dennis
Doc,
I think I made the third set after VulcanE and DKdixie....and have loved them ever since. I'm glad you are pleased with them! They sound great don't they and who doesn't love that potato-putt sound...??

These things are awesome and even if Jeff has to ask a few more $$ for them....they are worth every penny! I'm still tickled every time I fire the bike up! When I was in San Bernardino a couple weeks ago, I got lots of great comments on how great my bike sounded. All the other umpires thought I was riding a Harley.... ;)! It's the best of both worlds....great metric reliability, nice Harley sound.... !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016