Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #1

Intro....

Hello,

My name is John Dyer, and as announced today, am the new SW Region Leader. Since the greater majority of you don't know me, I thought it'd be a good idea to put a little about myself out there for the group. I started riding over 40 years ago, when my Venture Scout Leader was part owner of a Honda Dealership, and brought bikes home on the weekends for us to ride/destroy. I've only been seriously riding though for the last 5 years. I rode a friend's bike for a year, then bought my own, and for the last 3 years have ONly ridden a bike. Here in Phoenix, it's perfect for riding 363 days a year, and I can live with not having a car the other 2.

As a teacher I get to take a few weeks or more during the summer to travel, and since I bought my own bike, I've logged more than 70,000 miles. I LOVE riding, and feel the Vulcan Bagger is the PERFECT ride for me

I'm not a mechanic, I'm thrilled I can change my own oil, and did my brake pads a time or two. I did have a pretty good idea of what I wanted my bike to look like though, and with a Reckless Fairing, custom paint, along with Calvary bag trim and rails, a custom seat, and chromed fork legs, I'm only missing lower hard fairings to be done. It won Best in Show at the VRA West Rally last year.

I'm not terrifically social media savvy/active, but I want to be of assistance to any and all I can be. I hope to meet MANY of you at the VBA/VRA Rally in Eureka Springs this June, if you've never been to a rally, or Arkansas, you're in for a TREAT!

Til we meet, or exchange ideas,

John
SW Region Leader
Peoria, AZ
2005 Nomad 1600

'14 Orofino
'14 Bedford
'15 Eureka Springs

Login or Register to Remove Ads