Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

Luverne Kawasaki Lowering Links

I want to provide an update on our lowering links and answer a few common questions. It seems as time goes by and the lowering link threads start making there way to the back pages, a lot of the same questions start coming back up. And as always if anyone has any questions they can always feel free to contact us direct. After rolling these out several years ago we have reached almost 100% positive reaction from our customers and a ZERO failure rate. When we initially built the first sets, the number one goal was zero failures and we've achieved this. I've always said, this is the cheapest and best way to retain your high quality factory shocks while lowering the seat height. I would welcome comments on this thread from some of the hundreds of guys and girls who've installed these links.

1, Can I simply remove the spacer in the shock itself?
Please do not do this! eventually your shock WILL blow apart and you'll be forced to replace some very expensive shocks. Do not make the mistake of believing because some individual is stupid lucky and has xxxxx miles with no problems that you'll be just as lucky. If you've already done it and they haven't blown out yet, get them back in ASAP.

2. Do you make a lowering link for a 1500 or 1600?
Regrettably that is a completely different suspension and we do not have a link that will fit these bikes.

3. For a Vaquero do I need to do any other modification, cutting, welding?
No, it is a simple bolt on installation. If you can remove your shocks, you can install them easily.

4. For a Nomad or Voyager do I need to do any other modification, cutting, welding?
Yes, the front corner of the saddlebag supports must be moved rearward to clear your shocks when the suspension compresses. We provide complete instructions on where and how much to cut and reweld. Any welding shop will be able to handle this with zero difficulty. Simply remove your bag supports and take them in along with our instructions.

5. Can I do my own thing and rig up a bolt on saddlebag support?
No, We looked into this and firmly believe for long term reliability this part should be welded.

6. Is the bag support a part of the frame?
No, it is a removable support behind the saddlebag. It bolts on to the fender rail under the edge of the seat.

Those are the main questions we seem to get repeatedly. I'll update this thread as I think of others. As stated earlier, please don't hesitate to call us direct. I'm not on this forum daily so I'd hate to have you waiting days or weeks for an answer.

Thank you again to all the folks who are enjoying our lowering links today!

Rick
Luverne Kawasaki
507-283-1800

Login or Register to Remove Ads