Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions > In Memoriam

Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Seeing all these pics of Chuck.....

Trip, I wish I could be there in Texas but I can't. Just maybe I can make it to Morehead, NC. I have never had to speak at anyone's funeral but I was asked to sing at my father's funeral. I still don't know how I did that but it helped that my oldest son accompanied me on his violin. I quess what I'm trying to say is try not to worry too much. You will be fine. If you choke up some, it's perfectly OK. You can't possibly do anything wrong. All of us that can't be there personally will be there in spirit. I am proud of you.

Bob

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #17

I have been put in your spot a couple of times now, Trip. everyone has given you great advice, Youll do great. There is nothing I can add to give an easy answer to your task, just relay the message as youve heard us all tell about what Chuck was to us. Its more than most of us could hope to be.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

Trip, not sure how this fits, there are a lot and I mean A LOT who would really have liked to attend the funeral, share and pay their respects to Chuck and family. Thats not possible so if there is any vision from the funeral could it be included in the Vid tribute?, especially your words? As I say not sure how anyone feels about that, but sharing the experience might help some of our members through a hard time.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #19

Trip, You're a helluve guy! You can speak for me, and I am sure for all of us when you deliver whatever few words you will be saying at Chucks services. Thanks again brother.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj
Trip, not sure how this fits, there are a lot and I mean A LOT who would really have liked to attend the funeral, share and pay their respects to Chuck and family. Thats not possible so if there is any vision from the funeral could it be included in the Vid tribute?, especially your words? As I say not sure how anyone feels about that, but sharing the experience might help some of our members through a hard time.
Great question Aj.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj
I agree too AJ. I wish I could have gone today, but I just couldn't get off. I will pay my respects in my own way with prayers and a peaceful ride home from work today with my boards down and some great conversation thoughts. I have no doubt that Chuck's funeral will be a somber one, full of respectful and inspirational comments... Trip's included, to represent a great-hearted man. It still gets to me, just thinking about all of it.... I'm not sure if knowing more would help bring some type of closure or not.... probably not... since there is such a huge hole left in my heart.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #22

Trip,

Chuck was a good friend. We had celebrated together at several western VROC rally-events over the years. The link below is a picture I took of Chuck at the recent OTI (Oregon) VROC rally beach house during our raffle and final party/gathering. The photo was taken late Saturday night....and he departed for Texas Sunday morning.

Hope you can use the picture....

Like all of you... I shall miss him !

Thanks again for all you have done representing KawaNOW at Chuck's service.

http://www.e-manske.com/downloads/pics/chuck.jpg

Slots
Reno, NV
2006 Black Nomad
VBA #342
VROC #5921

"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom." -- William Blake

Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #23

Trip...

One final note.... dunno if so, but I suspect the picture I just posted was one of the last ever taken of our dear friend Chuck...

Here is the link once more:

http://www.e-manske.com/downloads/pics/chuck.jpg

Slots
Reno, NV
2006 Black Nomad
VBA #342
VROC #5921

"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom." -- William Blake

Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #24

I must say, this has affected me so much!!!! I cried for days and kept asking why!

Like others here, I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck. Heck, I am just a lurker here!!! However, I wanted to post to say thank you to ALL of you!!! I had a few terms I had to deal with from this tragedy. First, the obvious...grieving for such a wonderful man that was so well loved!!! Then, the hardest to deal with....I kept telling myself that if this can happen to Chuck, someone with so much traveling experience and with so much safety experience, then I am doomed! I just started riding a year and a half ago. However, reading your thoughts and stories and his blog have helped me deal with this alot better now. I realize he died doing what he loved the most in life, he didn't have to suffer long, which is a true blessing, and because of him, I have watched so many grieve and grow closer. Even in his death, Chuck has spread more love among people, including myself!!

I am SO honored to be a aprt of such a wonderful community!

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Kewl pic Slots!! Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #26

What a beautiful smile that man had...What a beautiful group of people here on kawaNOW...I'm glad to belong to this forum...even if it came about thru a minor accident!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriAnn
I must say, this has affected me so much!!!! I cried for days and kept asking why!

Like others here, I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck. Heck, I am just a lurker here!!! However, I wanted to post to say thank you to ALL of you!!! I had a few terms I had to deal with from this tragedy. First, the obvious...grieving for such a wonderful man that was so well loved!!! Then, the hardest to deal with....I kept telling myself that if this can happen to Chuck, someone with so much traveling experience and with so much safety experience, then I am doomed! I just started riding a year and a half ago. However, reading your thoughts and stories and his blog have helped me deal with this alot better now. I realize he died doing what he loved the most in life, he didn't have to suffer long, which is a true blessing, and because of him, I have watched so many grieve and grow closer. Even in his death, Chuck has spread more love among people, including myself!!

I am SO honored to be a aprt of such a wonderful community!
Welcome to the forum, and don't be a lurker anymore. I dont think Chuck would have had any idea about how many people he has affected. He has certainly left his mark.There are a lot of nice people here with tons of experience, that are willing to share just for the asking. As far as riding experience goes, everyone started at the beginning, don't do anything until you feel comfortable about it. Any questions just ask.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #28

<blockquote>I realize he died doing what he loved the most in life,</blockquote>

Yes he did. .. In her eulogy Chuck's daughter talked about it being a matter of "risk taking". She related it to Peter from the bible "walking on the water" and how Peter took the risk to step out of the boat. She ended up saying her dad chose to "step out of the boat" ... to expand and experience all they things riding had given to him.

Needless to say, it was very moving.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #29

Thank you Ringadingh! I really should jump in here and post more often!!

Thank you McDaddy for sharing that with me!!! I've read that people were so touched by her words, but I didn't know what she said.

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #30

Hey cheriann! Like Ring said, no more lurking. Besides, we gals need all the help we can get around here. You're right, Chuck did touch way more lives in ways I'm sure he never knew. What a great man!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad