Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

I am headed back to Talimena

I enjoyed the Nightmare's Talimena ride across the mountain tops between Oklahoma and Arkansas. Wife told me that I will have to take her as soon as her foot (surgery) will allow her to climb on the Nomad. Well, she rode for the first time in 2 months yesterday.

So, tomorrow, Thursday 10-9-08, we are headed to Mineola, TX with the RV and the Nomad for a Square Dance weekend. Then Sunday we are headed North toward Broken Bow or Mena. We will find a nice campground and use it as a base camp as we take several days to enjoy the area and hopefully see some signs of fall.

If a group gets organized for an October 18th ride in the area we may join in. Then I kind a figure we will head back home to see the grandkids, after being out playing for 10 days or so.

Retirement is rough, ain't it.

billmac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #2

Have a great trip. Wish Lin and I could get away.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #3

Alimand left and do-si-do, sure do wish that I could go. TXVROC MIM is the weekend of the 18th. Ya'll keep posting. I gotta hit it sometime.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 10-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter
Alimand left and do-si-do, sure do wish that I could go. TXVROC MIM is the weekend of the 18th. Ya'll keep posting. I gotta hit it sometime.
TXVROC MIM sounds like a good time and I may do that next time. My son has a home in Austin where I could stay and it is only a few blocks away from the host site. We are both VROC members but rarely read the site. We need to change that. We want to learn about the rides in the Austin area.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #5

Have a great time billmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter
Skeeter,
Joe "Spork" Sharp is working up a trip leaving Houston Friday Oct 31st returning Sunday Nov 2nd. Brother JD said he was interested, but would have to check vacation availability. My calendar opened and I am planning to go provided my spousal unit agrees to not change the locks while I'm gone.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/GCVROC/

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #6

Thanks LW. I'll look into it.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #7

Actually doing the Talihina ride with the wife Tomorrow on October 17th. Wife and I have been gone from home for more than a week. She is following me/Nomad and driving our Dually and fifth wheel travel trailer.

We rode in the Mineola area last weekend. Then we spent the last several days in Mount Pleasant cruising around the Tri-lakes.

Today we drove up just north of Antlers, Ok to the KRiver Campground. We will do the Talihina ride tomorrow and enjoy the Campground till Sunday, when we plan to return home.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #8

Glad your having a good time. You had a couple of inches of rain in Keene area early this week.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmac
Actually doing the Talihina ride with the wife Tomorrow on October 17th. Wife and I have been gone from home for more than a week. She is following me/Nomad and driving our Dually and fifth wheel travel trailer.

We rode in the Mineola area last weekend. Then we spent the last several days in Mount Pleasant cruising around the Tri-lakes.

Today we drove up just north of Antlers, Ok to the KRiver Campground. We will do the Talihina ride tomorrow and enjoy the Campground till Sunday, when we plan to return home.
Glad you are enjoying yourself, will have to stop by and visit you, K river is just a few miles from the house

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
[Glad you are enjoying yourself, will have to stop by and visit you, K river is just a few miles from the house
Howdy Nightmare, we had a good time in your neck of the woods. However the wife told me tonight at dinner at Ables that she wanted to go home in the morning. She is missing the new grandbaby.

This morning the wife followed the Nomad in the truck to Talihina. (She was afraid the ride was too far to do it all on the bike). We parked the truck and rode Hwy 63 to Mena. Then we rode the scenic highway back to Talihina. About 100 miles. She enjoyed the trip.

We gassed up the bike in Clayton and rode to Mena and back to Talihina. I was on fumes. We put 4.9 gallons in the Nomad at 190 miles. That would have been a bad place to run out. I will know better next time.

Since we are pulling out of Kriver in the morning, maybe we can hook up next time.

Billmac

Old 10-19-2008, 01:40 AM   #11

I will be going back on the 25th and 26th. Leaving my house on Sat and staying the night in Mena and coming back home Sun morning. My wife and her Aunt want to see the Fall colors.

Bob

Old 10-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider
I will be going back on the 25th and 26th. Leaving my house on Sat and staying the night in Mena and coming back home Sun morning. My wife and her Aunt want to see the Fall colors.

Bob
Bob, sounds like your doing it in a cager this time. It is still a nice trip.

I would say about 1/4 of the trees are turned to fall colors right now. The temps are getting down to the 40's at night.

FYI, I put nearly a thousand miles on my bike in the past two weeks.

Have a good trip.

Bill

Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 AM   #13

Nope, I'm riding the bike. My wife's Aunt and her Husband will be riding their Harley.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #14

Oh, in that case, take your tools.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #15
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHAINSAW"
Oh, in that case, take your tools.
ROFL