Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Exclamation Mark Roaming Mini Rallies

We have such a large group here in the South Central, and at our scheduled rallies we have small attendances, and this I know is due to various factors such as distance, time off, money and so forth. So I am looking at the idea of having for a lack of better terms a Mini Rally that will move thru each of the states of our region, giving all our members an opportunity to get together and may take some of the afore mentioned constraints away. They will be more than likely weekend events, featuring a barbeque and a little riding and camaraderie. Let me know if this sounds good and we will get it into the works. Thanks

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #2

Now that I will be spending my winters in TX maybe I can be considered a 1/2 member of the South Central Group.

So, with that said - are you talking about 2013?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger74 View Post
Now that I will be spending my winters in TX maybe I can be considered a 1/2 member of the South Central Group.

So, with that said - are you talking about 2013?
More than likely it will begin in 2013 if there is enough interest. We will pick strategic locations to let a lot of people who have never attended a rally to get the chance to come on out and enjoy the fun

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #4

For sure, the idea is worth discussion. One question is, would you really get more folks to the multi-rallies? Or, is there a core group of folks that now show up and that others for whatever reason do not.

One thing I like about it, for folks like me (retired and free to ride) I will be in a target rich environment!!

Last edited by usranger74; 08-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Vic,

We have had some discussion on that in our region as well. We can pick locations that are fantastic but only allow for a single ride from one location but we could definately have a multiple stop road trip. However, we have had some luke warm reception to that since everyone would have to pack everything up every day.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #6

Vic,
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting.
Having a rally in each state on a weekend over the course of several months,
or riding from one state to another over several weeks?

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #7

For me, I'd like to ride in the Texas Hill country like Trip set up a few years ago. I would do whatever I could to make that in addition to the national (or regional) and the Antlers rally.

Antlers is about 400 miles and that makes for a fairly long day of riding, I would probably not do it for just a 1 day rally. I think most of the members are further south than that, so I don't know how many of these rallies I would get to attend, but if there were get togethers at lake of the ozarks, Salem, or Eureka Springs, I would be there if I have any vacation time left. :)

Now that being said, if people want to get together and I can't attend because of distance, time, money or whatever else, then I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that either.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 08-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #8

Like the concept and it would be worth a try. All out of state trips, I would weigh each event date with our grand parent duties and the weather forecast. (BTW, I will do Antlers regardless of the weather).

Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

Sounds like something do-able. I am planning to try to make either Hill Country or south LA next spring if I can get it in the schedule.
VBA #628
IBA #54485

Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #10

I am not sure what you are shooting for Vic we have always tried to have mini rallies but not in every state although I think that might work if you can find some one to set up and have a rally on a weekend that lives in that state. In 09 we had a small rally in Eureka Springs and the the Nats in S.D. and of course Antlers. In 10 we had the Regional rally in Eureka Springs and then a small one in Hot Springs and of course Antlers. In 11 we had a small get together in Vicksburg and the Nats in Maggie valley and a small get together on the Gulf coast and of course Antlers. In 12 we had the regional Rally in Van Buren, Antlers and maybe some other rally? and there was the Texas ride but I can't remember what year and also Watchmans MO. ride. But with all this said if you won't to try some thing else just let me know and I will do everything I can to help as long as my credit is good at the bank.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #11

Two rides a year isnt going to do it boys. I suggest at least one more rally this year for our region. In texas you can ride all year so the obvious choice would be a ride in Texas in the fall after antlers say in Nov. Or early Dec. . This year it would make it a little close to antlersbut planning for next year could make it a little more balanced. You can ride all year in Louisianna as well. The only draw back to that would be the narrow eye syndrome that occurs to Texans that travel east of the Sabine river. I dont think this would effect the Arkansas riders because they are use to it. My point is I would like to ride with you guys more. I'm just sayin...
Vulcan Bagger #01989
2013 Road Glide Ultra
2013 Softail Deluxe
2011 Voyager 1700 ABS (traded)
2004 Vulcan Classic 1500 (traded)
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic (Gone but not forgotten)
2007 Vulcan Classic 1600

Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Vic,
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting.
Having a rally in each state on a weekend over the course of several months,
or riding from one state to another over several weeks?
Budman,

I think that Vic is suggesting something similar to what the NC guys have done. You have a meeting point and every night you change base locations as there might not be an area where you can get a ride everyday for the 3 days.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #13

We've been having a mini-rally in Maggie Valley for the past 4 years. Usually in late Aug or Sept, but we'll miss this year with WWR VI in VA in Sept.

The first year there were 2 of us, and it grew until about 20 were there last year. One from as far away as Ohio and Mississippi.

Mini-rallies work.

MT
VBA 936

Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #14

I haven't been able to attend our rallies due to the dates selected. The regional rallies haven't been that far off, distance wise, for me. It's just been bad timing. Also, I haven't had the chance to do a multi-day trip on the bike. I'm looking forward to it... just have to do it. I'd be up for a mini-rally/get-together if the dates are good for me. I say try it. If it doesn't work, then you don't have to do it again the next year.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250
2005 Nomad 1600 - Darkside

"There is no normal life, there's just life. So get on with it." - Doc Holiday

Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #15

This was exactly what Rick and I thought about when we did the mini rally in Salem, MO last year. We would have had a few more people if we had done it over a weekend instead of the weekdays. But we where concerned about travel time for riders coming to Missouri from maybe as far as Texas. Our thoughts where to do this every two or three years and move it to a different part of the state. That being said and speaking for Rick, we would be willing to do it again if there is enough interest. Maybe up in the Hannibal/Mark Twain area next time.