Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #1

kinda PO'ed...

OK...I live in the panhandle of FL & went to 3 different kawie dealers looking for a vaquero, none on the floor but all too happy to order one for me. So I started to call around. Found one in Daphne AL. So on Wed I will be heading up that way to check it out.

Anyone else have issues finding one? I know late in the season to be shopping but you do what ya do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #2

There's one here in Tallahassee, was a cpl weeks ago anyway. Charcoal grey with black stripes.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:23 AM   #3

A USED ONE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION....

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44042

Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
Advanced Member

The Vaquero must be getting very popular because I know someone else who has had trouble finding or getting one, with the help of his local dealership. I am seeing it is based on buyers trying to locate non-current models because of great price offerings, and those bikes are becoming scarce now. With sales this good, it would appear that the Vaquero will be around for awhile. I bought my 2012 s.e. in April of 2014 for 12 grand brand new so again, these deals are getting snagged up quick. You almost never see one for sale on craigslist....but you see infinite amounts of Harleys for sale on that site.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Funny, but my bike found me.

I had looked at a 2014 at a dealer that they had dropped while moving it. They fixed it and it looked good as new. The orange paint with flames. Really like the look, but even at $12000 otd, I couldn't afford another bike then. Time came that I could, and I was just out at a used dealer killing time on a Saturday. Looking at a 2012 Nomad they had. Was nice, and a decent price. Guy asked if he could help me. I said I was just looking. So he asked what I was looking for. Mention a Vaquero. Says they just got one in and takes me around to where it is. Hasn't even made it on the their website yet. They were asking 8995 plus taxes and fees. It ran a little rough, brakes needed replaced. I said I'd take it if they went 8000 otd the door. Didn't know at the time it already had the pcv on it. 30 bucks for brakes, cleaned the air filter and put a different map on it. Ran fine. Well, I thought it did till I sent Ivan the ECU. Now it really runs fine.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads