Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #1

Question 4.5 LED auxilary lights

Looking to install some 4.5 auxiliary lights on my Vaquero using the engineered adapters. I already have the OEM auxiliary halogens. Checking the site for the adapters and they said some types of 4.5 daymaker type units don't fit as the outside rim thickness is too narrow and needs to be shimmed out. Can anyone tell me the make of the ones that they have installed and if the fairing has to be removed and if they had any problems installing and if the electrical is plug and play. Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #2

I just did this myself and used rogue rider industries 4.5s... but I bought a whole kit of headlight/driving lights for under 200. They are impressively bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #3

I left the brand of mine in my review on Randy's site. The fairing doesn't have to be removed, just take out the storage compartments and / or the speakers to reach inside. The electrical was plug & play, but I had to turn my plug around backwards. To keep it closed properly, I just used zip-ties

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 03-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #4

Hey VaqueroVader were these auxiliary lites plug and play ?

Old 03-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #5

They were. They came with the connector plus a female end with free wires if they were to be used as a splice in. The company provides top notch service. They also have the mount ring for the 7” if you buy the whole kit, just make sure you add that to your order because the kit is only the lights and connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #6

Thanks for the info on the light VaqueroVader, Anything to make it easier always helps. Thanks Paul/Peg for the info and review. Received my aux lites from Rogue Rider Industries and with the adapter ring from engineered adapters it was a breeze to install and was plug and play as VaqueroVader has said. Thanks to all that replied.

Last edited by ballbreaker; 04-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Old 03-28-2023, 03:39 PM   #7

Daymaker Aux light

Do i have to remove the fairing to replace my Aux lights with the 4.5 daymaker Aux light