Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-13-2023, 05:06 PM   #1

Front Brake Locking Up - 2018 Voyager

Replaced the brake fluid, bled the brakes and the last 6 times I was out, after 15-30 minutes of riding the front brake seizes up. Brake lever can't be depressed, rock hard. If I wait 30 minutes or so it will disengage enough I can go another 300 yards and it repeats. OR, I can loosen the front nut on the bleed nipple and about 2-3cc of fluid will squirt out - so under a lot of pressure.. Then it's fine for the rest of the ride.
Ideas? Thx.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-13-2023, 05:19 PM   #2

only way for that to happen is if you have a piston thats tight heating up the fluid or your return port is not totally cleaned out and the fluid can't return. also you could have a collapsing brake line.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:12 AM   #3
Advanced Member

My vote is for a blocked return port in the master cylinder, or a collapsed inner tube in a brake hose. The way it slowly releases both indicate that being it. If you replace the brake hoses don't waste a dime on stock brake hoses, just upgrade to the teflon tube S/S braided hoses. You'll get better brake feel and performance and never have a possible brake hose degradation issue again.