Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Why I stick around

Since I've jumped ship like many of you here (Cindy got smart too) I thought I might be disconnecting from the Kawasaki crowd. Of course I joined 3 Victory forums to see what they are about. They are nothing like here. I'm not trying to bash them or make you clowns heads so big you can't get through the door but I appreciate the friends I've met here way more than my last year's experience getting to know the other crowd.

I've been asked how come I haven't decided to drop in a big cam, exhaust and fuel processors and big air kit on my Cross Country Tour. I gave my humble opinion that I'm not sure I want to give up any of the finer qualities like quiet high speed touring. I then got ganged raped with a dozen dyno postings of big numbers on how I'm crazy and that I just don't understand.

Recently someone asked about Michelin Commander II tires. I chimed in and said I have about 5K miles on mine and love them. Another dozen came out and told me that Michelin doesn't make a tire for the CCT. They told me that the Commander II's are a 65 series tire and stock is 60. I told them the negative side was that my speedometer is now dead nuts on with my GPS! They continue to educate me that Commander II's don't have the load rating for my bike like the E3's do. I posted specs that E3's have a weight rating of (80) and the II's have a rating of (81) even higher!

Getting annoyed that these clowns have no idea what they are talking about I decided to say, "Michelin makes the perfect tire for my CCT!" BOY you should have heard them, "what the hell are you talking about! Michelin doesn't make a tire for the CCT!" Priceless.

Henceforth, you're stuck with me for now!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads